Pig On Plastic

johnboy

I went out for a quick fish yesterday arvo in anticipation of catching some blurters on soft plastics but they didnt show so I switched to plan B which was to nail a pig on plastic. After persisting for half an hour I came up tight and the fish took a good 20m run down a deep channel and luckily didnt make it home. I kept the maximum pressure that the 4lb fireline and 10lb leader would allow an eventually won. The plastic that did the damage was 4inch turtle back worm.

post-12757-12784758519_thumb.jpg

Thats a great catch on 4lb. Doesn't surprise me it was a turtle back worm though,it would be my 2nd favorite plastic and deffinately one of the most versatile I've caught flatties, whiting, bream, choppie tailor, tharwhine, salmon, snapper and a whole host of rubbish fish. No a gulp fanatic like some but I do like the turtle backs!

Con Grats on a great catch

regards

Still Learning

Nice work. :thumbup:

If you dont mind me asking, what area were you fishing and were you burleying at the time?

no worries there gribble i was fishing bluefish at north head and no burley was used just make sure you work middle of the water column and work the worm slowly with the same direction as current. :1fishing1:

By the looks of that plastic it might have taken it for some nice weed floating in the current. I reckon a light lead belly jighead would also work a treat. Interesting to see if a few more hookups of drummer/blackies are possible on those plastics.

Top effort on light line! Did you get a measurement? (weight or length)

Regards

Daniel

By the looks of that plastic it might have taken it for some nice weed floating in the current. I reckon a light lead belly jighead would also work a treat. Interesting to see if a few more hookups of drummer/blackies are possible on those plastics.

Top effort on light line! Did you get a measurement? (weight or length)

Regards G'day daniel the fish measured 46cm and had a weight of 2.1 kg.....

Daniel

Well done to get that out on 4lb. I have never seen a drummer go that far without reaching some sort of cover. Very lucky and I would be cheering with that for by-catch. Cheers Dagz

Hey Spinman,

welcome to the pig on plastics club. People didn't belive me when I got mine!

Mate by the looks of that fish it may be close to the FR lure record.

Check it out with slinky.

Cheers

Chris

G'day chris missed the record by 3cm but ill keep trying..