5 - 10 Kg Rod

fishgod

hey fishraiders im currently searching the market for a 5-10 kg rod for using soft plastics on atm the one i have in my mind is the shimano jewel anyone know much about this rod or even some ideas would be helpfull about other rods in which to look at and just to narrow it down abit i dont want 2 be spending more then 300 thanks guys

Check out the heavier guage LOX rods too, I was very impressed when trying them the other week, even tho I chose the 1-3kg Bream stick - the heavier rods would easily bring in Macks & Jacks & even bigger fish, but still light enough not to tire you out!

Have a chat with Slinky on the LOX rods - high quality Carbon with top components but within a serious angler's $$ reach

Cheers

Roberta

For that money I'd say Daiwa Saltwater (7ft 1pc or 8ft 2pc) around $290, take a look at the Samaki vamp range $199, of course tournament Diablo (abu garcia) or tournament starlo stick and don't forget the ole Raider, but I'd have to say the saltwater from daiwa, vamp by samaki or the Lox (which comes with a cool rood case aswell as the cover.

I'd suggest you drop into global tackle with your reel and try it on the rods to feel the balance and check the action, someone above suggested the TD Sol which is as good as a saltwater but the saltwater has a softer tip which I prefer, with todays toys once you spend over $200 there are some fine sticks out there and most have similar components. Tickford Ford damn fine car, HSV damn fine car, unless you got Ferrari (or Porche or Lambo)dollars, its Tickford, Hsv, Lexus etc. I'd probably go Lox, then split descion on saltwater/Samaki but thats me.

You are the best judge of what YOU are comfortable fishing with, go in select as many as you like the look and price of, then put your reel on them! feel the balance and "wave it around a bit" then get assistance to "load it up" and note the action; like where it locks under load, do you like it to bend through the but or lock 1/3rd of the way down?

personally for the money you are talking I wouldn't be thinking jewel but any of the rods suggested by myself or the others will do the job, do yourself a favour and put rod and reel in hand and pick on feel cause as far as quality goes they are all good to very good as far as components go and you have to start spending $500 plus to get a significantly better rod these days pick the 1 YOU like from a reputable tackle shop (Global Tackle LOL!) so you have warranty back up and rest easy.

But do check out the Lox range excelent rods at a better than expected price.

Cheers