Great Day At Bobbin Head

Benzz

Hi, my first post, yay!

Went down to bobbin head a couple of days ago, fishing only land based. Got there around 11am, dad dropped me off (as I am only 13 and can't drive). Started off near the bridge and fished the runout tide with a fillet off pilchard. Not much was happening for a while until BANG! one of the rods suddenly buckled, I was straight on it. I played him in and he turned out to be a flathead, measuring 42cm. :biggrin2: I let him go as we already had some fish in the freezer from Jervis bay a few weeks ago.

Fished there a little while longer but nothing was biting, so I moved to a different spot, some rocks between Apple Tree Bay and Bobbin head, a bit deeper water. Cast out one of the rods with a big bit of squid on a relatively big hook, cast as far as I could and just left it, while i fished in close with bread. Again not much going until WHACK!!!! the rod with squid started bouncing big time, while the reel sung zzzzzz. I picked up the rod and played him in, took maybe 10 min and i saw it was a huge trevally. i got it in and measured it. it went 53 centimetres, I released it. :yahoo::yahoo: Biggest I've ever caught! I phoned my dad and he drove straight down , while he was there I hooked a decent size tailor but he bit through my line, it was only 6lb so not hard for a tailor with razor teeth to bite through. :mad3:

Got no photos as I was by myself and did not bring a camera. But I really wish I did! :biggrin2:

Hi Benzz,

Firstly welcome to fishraider :1welcomeani:

Reading your post brings back fond memories when as a young 12 year would catch a bus to my mates house and then we would both catch another bus to Balmain. Rods, reels, bucket and tackle box in hand much to the amusement of the passengers and bus driver. We would always have the last laugh when geting back on the bus with a feed of fish each. :biggrin2::biggrin2: It's briliant to see young kids like yourself getting out and flicking a line as opposed to sitting in front of a computer screen chatting or playing games.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers,

Starman,

Gabe.

Hey Benzz,

Well done on a top solo effort, especially in the winter.

Did you say your dad dropped you off?

He's not a fisho ?

Well I think you should catch some really nice fish next time just to annoy him :biggrin2:

I also noticed the last two letters of your user name is zz.

I'm sure it's the sound your drag will be making in future trips !

...and post some piczz so we can see the big grinzz !

Well done and welcome to Fishraider. :1welcomeani:

Tony

Hey Benzz,

Well done on a top solo effort, especially in the winter.

Did you say your dad dropped you off?

He's not a fisho ?

Well I think you should catch some really nice fish next time just to annoy him :biggrin2:

I also noticed the last two letters of your user name is zz.

I'm sure it's the sound your drag will be making in future trips !

...and post some piczz so we can see the big grinzz !

Well done and welcome to Fishraider. :1welcomeani:

Tony

My dad is a fisho but not quite as addicted to fishing as me :biggrin2: He was cursing that he didn't come as he used " I need to do some painting" as an excuse not to come. :1prop:

My dad is a fisho but not quite as addicted to fishing as me :biggrin2: He was cursing that he didn't come as he used " I need to do some painting" as an excuse not to come. :1prop:

Well next time you feel the need for a fish, just tell your dad to "Drop you off at the spot" and that "you don't mind if he doesn't come as he must have a lot of painting to do...." Then you tell him "in any case, it gives you luck if he isn't around....."

..then you watch him dump those paint brushes and tins and grab the rods instead !

Just be careful he doesn't try to make YOU do the painting while he wets a line...If he does make you do the painting, just paint his room pink and tell him it looks like a big snapper..... :074:

Tony

Edited by Keflapod