Jigging Kings 25/07/10

netic

Hey all,

Well this is me first report for a while as i havent fished for ages.

My mate Suley convinced me to go for a Jig down South with him so we Decided to book a cabin for Saturday night at Crookhaven and then head out and jig for some Kings.

I got on the Phone to Anthony ( Dominica III) and he said he was heading out also so we decided to meet him at the ramp.

Met up with Anthony and followed him out of the bar in darkness, and then tried unsuccessfully for some livies and then the decision was made to give up on livies and head to the jigging grounds.

Anthony led us to the location and then madness began.

Over the next 2 hours we caught well over 20 kings, biggest about 90cm with all but 2 above legal, most sizes we about 75cm but they were hot with 4-5 hook ups every drift.

2 of my mates who have never caught a kingy jigging got there first and second, third and then fourths and by 9.30am we were all so tired of pulling up these fish we decided to call it a day as we had our bag limit.

We were all buggered and towards the end we were argueing who was gonna pull up the fish as we all had Zero energy.

Here are some pics and a video of my Jigging Virgin mate who caught this fish after he had caught a fair few and had zero arm strength left.

Video Link : Removed by Moderator

post-1441-128010866088_thumb.jpg

post-1441-128010867429_thumb.jpg

Hi Netic

What a hectic session. They all look like nice kings there in the pics. Looks like you boys had a good workout, i bet the arms, shoulders and back are dying today.

Good call to go out of sydney as not much happening around here lately.

Dangas

why was the video link removed?

I made a decision to remove the link as it contained coarse language that could of been viewed by some if the children that are associated with the site.

A pm has been sent to Netic explaining it to him.

Yeah dogtooth it was pretty funny, one of my Jigging newby mates were looking at the jigs and saying " how the hell you gonna catch a fish with this?"

Then on his first drop he got onto a king and i dont think he will ever question our fishing techniques again

We were at the banks