Botany Bay

Little Hooker

Gday folks,

Hit the bay this morning with Dangas to test out his electric motor and mainly to wet the line. Abit cool and windy in the morning but turned out to be a very nice winters day on the bay. :thumbup:

Our main goal was to use SP's and lures which we did, but the out come was very poor. :thumbdown: Only mannage a tiny flattie on a blade and some wierd looking string ray kind of fish...... :( We did find some fish and got some runs right on sunset but none hooked up which was heart breaking as it peeled some line of the reel!

Anyone want to name there favourite SP's colour and brand most productive in the bay?? As Dangas and i threw our whole artillery with not that much interest for most of the day.

WTH is this creature????

post-6068-128092100005_thumb.jpg

ha ha Numb Rays seem to like the soft plastics!

I like the 5 inch gulp nuclear chickens but lately the 2inch and 3 inch shrimp in natural colour have been working good on the flatties.

Glad you got some nice weather for it

Morgs :sun:

me & joco fished the bay yesterday with live yakkas & were flicking sp's also.besides 2 kings on live bait[70 & 55cms],we didnt have much luck on the plastics.just pike,a tiny flatty,alone trev & a angry longtom that bit me while i was releasing him. :mad3:

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

Lucky for us then that Little Hooker was grabbing it by the leader and i was using long nose pliers with insulated handle to take the hook out. Didnt realise we were that close to getting electricuted for the sake of a jighead haha

The bay seemd really shut down yesterday, everywhere we went seemed empty of life. The usual spots that would fire in the warmer months were just dead,to my suprise we didnt even land a pinky snapper which are usually around.

I wonder where all the bream and flatties go in winter, ive heard they migrate further upstream of the georges river?

Maybe we shouldve tried around the moons or picnic point.

Give the blades a go near the runway , out in the open do some big drifts with the wind at your back and cast blades , hop them back and try to fish in around 10 to 16 foot of water . This has worked well for me , you can pick up a good mixed bag doing this .

Ugly sucker isnt it....

SP'ing does test your patience when you cant catch some fish but it sure was nice soakin in the sun and enjoyin the water.

I think its time to upgrade my SP's i brought like 4 yrs ago. Starlo and bushie SP's havent really caught me any thing decent in the pass. Most hits were on the Atomic SP's which i won a few packages at last yrs boat show. Glup's and blades are a definetly add to my bag next time i got out too.

Edited by Little Hooker