A Bad Day For Fishing Fraternity

Day's Fishin

What a disastrous outcome for us all. It doesn't matter which side forms government the greens will be the ones pulling all the strings. If the labour forms government it is only by the greens preferences and as such the greens will want virtually anything they say to become law. If the libs become government then the greens will block every thing they put forward unless they bend over for them. Say hello to numerous marine parks and no fishing zones and if you think that these will be in isolated places think again, they will be where the fish are and you can fish the sea deserts. I hope the majority of raiders only cast their vote after taking into count what is going to happen to the thousands of people who depend on fishing for not only their relaxation and sport but also those that depend on it for their livelihood. Those that followed Latham's suggestion and cast a donkey vote then you deserve what ever happens.ranting2.gif

Regards Jeff

G/DAY Jeff,

I would not start worrying just yet Mate,Greens have only won ,one seat from labour and I can't see

the red thing making up the shortage,not by the big turnaround so far.

I can't see the inderpendants backing labor on the fish issue.

I was watching SKY news this morning and listened to what Bob Katter had to say as he is one of the independents that the incoming government will have to play ball with biggrin2.gif see suck up too 074.gif

post-256-128244950711_thumb.jpg

Mr Katter did mention as a matter of fact fishing as one of the rural pastimes that he would like to see preserved.

His constituents who are mostly rural people feel strongly about fishing and be able to fish when and where they like.

Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Regards Swordfisherman

I was watching SKY news this morning and listened to what Bob Katter had to say as he is one of the independents that the incoming government will have to play ball with biggrin2.gif see suck up too 074.gif

post-256-128244950711_thumb.jpg

Mr Katter did mention as a matter of fact fishing as one of the rural pastimes that he would like to see preserved.

His constituents who are mostly rural people feel strongly about fishing and be able to fish when and where they like.

Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Regards Swordfisherman

Yeah, you're right Stewy, Bob Katter is a tough and seasoned old pollie from a hard part of Australia - maybe it's sexist, but I can't see someone like him sitting down for gentle discussions with Julia.Bob's a big fighter for his constituents and doesn't like the party politics. Had the pleasure of meeting him once in Qld and I would definately rather have him on my side.

Cheers, Russ.

I truly hope that the independents listen to the people & are not pushed about by the blind & impetuous greens. What has been threatened by them is blind stupidity - they wish to take our rights away - the lively hood of all those who sponsor & support us. :nono::1badmood:

Anyone who did not think before they voted will get exactly what they deserve - a well stocked fishery with no one to take their spot on the harbor ... because you wont be allowed to fish there! :depression:

My only hope is to rent my boat out ............. anyone want to be taken out on the harbor for new years eve? going cheap :bash:

I hope your right Stewey. Don't forget Katter is a disgruntled former national party member and as such I think he will not go with a government that has Barnaby Joice in its ranks. Did you see the absolute loathing that Tony Windsor had for Barnaby1tongue.gif on the tele broadcast Saturday night, based on that I think he will also not go with the lib's. I think the independents are hooked by Gillard already, she just doesn't know how to reel them in yet, but she is a fast leaner. Lets hope the leader frayes before it's too late. Did you know that the Governor Generals daughter is married to Bill Shorten a unionist and devote labour supporter. Whats that got to do with the turmoil? Maybe I'm getting a little sceptical depression.gif ,however it's the Governor General who will decide who will make up a minority government if both parties say they have enough to form a minority government.byebye.gif

Regards Jeff

I hope your right Stewey. Don't forget Katter is a disgruntled former national party member and as such I think he will not go with a government that has Barnaby Joice in its ranks. Did you see the absolute loathing that Tony Windsor had for Barnaby1tongue.gif on the tele broadcast Saturday night, based on that I think he will also not go with the lib's. I think the independents are hooked by Gillard already, she just doesn't know how to reel them in yet, but she is a fast leaner. Lets hope the leader frayes before it's too late. Did you know that the Governor Generals daughter is married to Bill Shorten a unionist and devote labour supporter. Whats that got to do with the turmoil? Maybe I'm getting a little sceptical depression.gif ,however it's the Governor General who will decide who will make up a minority government if both parties say they have enough to form a minority government.byebye.gif

Regards Jeff

Hey Jeff, your right about Shorten and the unions.

How do you think they got rid of Rudd and his family so quick

out of the Big house.

Cheers Rick.