Narrabeen Monday Night

mhiley

Hey raiders

Me and Higgs went to North Narrabeen beach again last night and had good results. Was a slow first few hours, got there about 630, but ended up getting 2 salmon, one of which was 56cm, a PB , a 33cm trevally and a small flattie. Also had a few runs that didn't hook on which was annoying. High tide was at 7-30 and 1st fish was caught at about 8-30. Whenever there was one hook up, another rod went off seconds later. So if you've got a few lines out and miss a chance on one rod, watch the other rod carefully!!! Was using Pilchards and chicken breast, I think all the fish were actually caught on the chicken!Pics below

Cheers

Hiles

post-15302-128261903524_thumb.jpg

post-15302-128261997898_thumb.jpg

Hey raiders

Me and Higgs went to North Narrabeen beach again last night and had good results. Was a slow first few hours, got there about 630, but ended up getting 2 salmon, one of which was 56cm, a PB , a 33cm trevally and a small flattie. Also had a few runs that didn't hook on which was annoying. High tide was at 7-30 and 1st fish was caught at about 8-30. Whenever there was one hook up, another rod went off seconds later. So if you've got a few lines out and miss a chance on one rod, watch the other rod carefully!!! Was using Pilchards and chicken breast, I think all the fish were actually caught on the chicken!Pics below

Cheers

Hiles

Great effort, :thumbup: the fish are bit hit n miss at the moment around the Nth Beaches.....some days the tailor are there in good numbers and then gone again in a flash.....sometimes they'll take pillies and other days the fish only hit the surf poppers (Sambo's, tailor etc).....

Cheers,

S.

Great effort, :thumbup: the fish are bit hit n miss at the moment around the Nth Beaches.....some days the tailor are there in good numbers and then gone again in a flash.....sometimes they'll take pillies and other days the fish only hit the surf poppers (Sambo's, tailor etc).....

Cheers,

S.

Are the surf poppers effective/as effective at night?something i've always wondered..

Hiles

Are the surf poppers effective/as effective at night?something i've always wondered..

Hiles

Yes, they are effective at night. I always use a paternoster two rig set up, gangs and popper - super effective.

Hi guys,

Just curious, which part of the beach were you on. I as taking a look at it today around 2:00pm, and it looked relatively featureless. Ie no discernable gutters. Maybe this is just me being an amateur though :)

- Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by popper? I know of popping lures, cup faced front splashing water, but i am not sure if this is what you are referring to. It would seem odd to "spin" a popper with ganged pilchards.

Anyway,

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi guys,

Just curious, which part of the beach were you on. I as taking a look at it today around 2:00pm, and it looked relatively featureless. Ie no discernable gutters. Maybe this is just me being an amateur though :)

- Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by popper? I know of popping lures, cup faced front splashing water, but i am not sure if this is what you are referring to. It would seem odd to "spin" a popper with ganged pilchards.

Anyway,

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Chris

Gday Chris

We have been heading up to the north end of narrabeen...have tried a couple of spots up towards the lake entrance, within a few hundred metres of it and have had luck in 2/2spots. To be honest both times we've got there at dark and just tried to look for any kind of rips or swell being mixed up a bit, seems to have done the trick

As for the poppers i'm quite the rookie myself but they have the solid head with feathery tails and seem to move around nicely in the swell and currents

Hiles

Cheers Hiles,

I know the area you were talking about.

Thought you meant north narrabeen beach; just around from the pool.

Might see you out one night.

Anyway

Cheers,

Gday Chris

We have been heading up to the north end of narrabeen...have tried a couple of spots up towards the lake entrance, within a few hundred metres of it and have had luck in 2/2spots. To be honest both times we've got there at dark and just tried to look for any kind of rips or swell being mixed up a bit, seems to have done the trick

As for the poppers i'm quite the rookie myself but they have the solid head with feathery tails and seem to move around nicely in the swell and currents

Hiles

Last night at north narra, right up next to the lake entrance, I landed no fish (a lone crab doesn't count). Big and small hooks, a lot of burley were no effect, even with a range of baits: fresh squid, mullet, yakka fillet, chicken, the crab, and then some pillies donated by a more fortunate fisho who had finished up for the night (thanks!).

I arrived about 8:50 and just after hightide, and left just before midnight.

Maybe I should've tried poppers!

Late arvo from say 3pm and up till around 8pm fishes best on most of the Nthn Beaches, as does early mornings... also last night was a full moon, I think the beaches shut down during this time Ive never caught anything from the beach on a full moon.

A few days prior and after full and new moon are definitely the best time IMO- esp for Taylor and Salmon.

Tight lines

Anthony

:)

I went and grabbed a coffee this morning and went down the beach. I saw a missive school of Salmon or Tailor working about 150m off the beach with birds trying to get in on the action... So they are around!

It was out just south of the pines.

Mushtaka