Rick Does It Again !

Met up with Rick this morning for a quick session on the blackfish as I have night shift tonite and could only manage 3 hours of fishing.

We got fish nearly straight away and some good ones as well.

I saw my first ever double hookup on the same fish as a nice blackfish took ricks bait and then decided to eat mine as well,hungry bugger.

Rick did manage a nice double as well on his two hook rig and it was a real test of my crappy netting skills to get em both in the net,with Rick yelling out the bottom fish first and me netting the top fish first 074.gif got em both in the end.

In 3 hours we ended up with 15 nice fish a few bust offs and pulled hooks and released all of them too fight another day.

post-256-128297426867_thumb.jpg

post-256-128297427925_thumb.jpg

Great few hours Rick and I thoroughly enjoy your company,wish I could have stayed longer sad.gif

Regards Stewy

Hi Stewy, I saw the header on your thread and I thought shit what have I done wrong on the site.

I felt a bit more at ease when I opened it up.

Well done on the fish.

Anyway He would have to catch plenty of fish with a name like that.

Cheers Rick.

Well done guys...

You know the secret is that Rick has them well trained.

They love all the attention and publicity they get with there pics on the net..

Once released if you listen carefully they are down there bragging about getting there pic taken again... And again. .. Lol

Cheers.. Steve...

How'd you convince rick to get his mug in the photo? You must be a very convincing man! Hopefully next time you go fishing with rick I will be able to join and meet you.

Daniel

I said to Rick it would be great if I got a few more pics of myself to brag about and he said "turn it up" 074.gif

My mug is definately in need of a little TLC and Ricks nice blue eyes make for a good shot biggrin2.gif

Rick tends to stay out of the limelight,but he is a very good fisherman and deserves plenty of accolades for all his help showing plenty of people the fine art of blackfishing ,including myself who has learned plenty from him.

Cheers Stewy

Thoroughly enjoyed saturday morning Stew, a bit of a shame we couldn't stay a little longer but we'd caught enough anyway. It is strange when you both hook the same fish, we obviously thought he was too big for just one of us so we used the team work theory. Went out for a few hours yesterday morning and bumped into Rob, a brand new member, at Taronga. He'd run into Roosterman and his mates a couple of weeks ago and Steve was kind enough to pass on a few hints on where to get bait etc. :thumbup: Rob was very grateful and quickly joined fishraider. We only managed 3 fish, dropped a couple, but the company was good.

Cheers,

Rick

I said to Rick it would be great if I got a few more pics of myself to brag about and he said "turn it up" 074.gif

My mug is definately in need of a little TLC and Ricks nice blue eyes make for a good shot biggrin2.gif

Rick tends to stay out of the limelight,but he is a very good fisherman and deserves plenty of accolades for all his help showing plenty of people the fine art of blackfishing ,including myself who has learned plenty from him.

Cheers Stewy

I just met Rick yesterday and we fished together for a couple of hours with limited success but I can testify to what a friendly and generous bloke he is. I learned a lot from him in just a short time . On top of the knowledge, he gave me all the fish, his leftover weed and couple of his beautiful hand made floats . Just a lovely bloke and good company too.

He told me about his double hookup adventures on Saturday.

A couple of weeks ago I also met Roosterman with a couple of his mates . They too were very helpful and a great advertisment for this site. I feel privileged to now be member myself.

Edited by fritz

I just met Rick yesterday and we fished together for a couple of hours with limited success but I can testify to what a friendly and generous bloke he is. I learned a lot from him in just a short time . On top of the knowledge, he gave me all the fish, his leftover weed and couple of his beautiful hand made floats . Just a lovely bloke and good company too.

A couple of weeks ago I also met Roosterman with a couple of his mates . They too were very helpful and a great advertisment for this site. I feel privileged to now be member myself.

1welcomeani.gif to the forums ,Frtiz.

We will definately catch up very soon.

Cheers Stewy

good to see you joined up and there is a wealth of knowledge on the site with many anglers more than happy to help out...

if ya need any more help just ask away and there will surely be raiders replying with good helpful tips etc..

also if ya want to have some company put a post up and you will get to meet some really nice fishoes...

those guys you saw me with were all people i met here.....

i have learned alot and met some great mates here.....

i will send you a pm,message with something interesting...

cheers...steve.......

Look out harbour blackfish. You're now gonna be inundated with Rooster, Manly, Canterbury and St George floats. As a mate said, the Canterbury floats should do the best as they seem to go down more often.

(BULLDOG) Rick

Look out harbour blackfish. You're now gonna be inundated with Rooster, Manly, Canterbury and St George floats. As a mate said, the Canterbury floats should do the best as they seem to go down more often.

(BULLDOG) Rick

My worry with the Manly floats is that they seem to get waterlogged . They start off very bouyant but halfway through the session they sink and before you know it they are well underwater with no hope of getting back up .

(Manly) Rob

My worry with the Manly floats is that they seem to get waterlogged . They start off very bouyant but halfway through the session they sink and before you know it they are well underwater with no hope of getting back up .

(Manly) Rob

Better than the St George floats. They seem to stay on top for the majority of the time, look really good but rarely go under. Then when it's just about over and everyone's ready to pack up, the seem to go down fairly consistently and just disappear :1giveup: . Every season....oops, I mean session, they seem to do the same thing.