Today I Answered Two Of The Oldest Questions .......

alantani

today i answered two of the oldest questions .......

..... that have troubled fishermen since the dawn of time. or at least since the dawn of modern appliances.

first, can you clean your reels in the dishwasher? and second, if you get caught, what will your wife do?

well, i had a few hours at home before work this morning. i was looking at a box of reels that i got in the mail and figured that these really needed a good cleaning. with half a load of morning breakfast dishes and my wife out for a few hours, i seized the opportunity.

1_30_08_10_11_27_42_1.jpeg

the dishwasher ran through the wash and rinse cycle, and started to dry. then, i heard the three words that a misbehaving husband fears the most. "honey, i'm home!!!" the first questions she asks is why the dishwasher is going. how do they know?

1_30_08_10_11_32_25_0.jpeg

fortunately, she has a sense of humor. and lousy aim!

1_30_08_10_11_32_27_1.jpeg

unfortunately, one dishwasher cycle did nothing to remove the corrosion on these old penns.

1_30_08_10_11_27_47_3.jpeg

i was lucky this time. kids, don't try this at home.........

:Funny-Post: :Funny-Post: :Funny-Post:

If there's a fishermen's award for bravery you sure deserve it for that effort, Alan. I'm glad you're still with us and that your voice hasn't gone up a couple of octaves :074:

And you've just saved me from ever having to try the same thing :1worthy:

Cheers, Slinky

today i answered two of the oldest questions .......

..... that have troubled fishermen since the dawn of time. or at least since the dawn of modern appliances.

first, can you clean your reels in the dishwasher? and second, if you get caught, what will your wife do?

well, i had a few hours at home before work this morning. i was looking at a box of reels that i got in the mail and figured that these really needed a good cleaning. with half a load of morning breakfast dishes and my wife out for a few hours, i seized the opportunity.

1_30_08_10_11_27_42_1.jpeg

the dishwasher ran through the wash and rinse cycle, and started to dry. then, i heard the three words that a misbehaving husband fears the most. "honey, i'm home!!!" the first questions she asks is why the dishwasher is going. how do they know?

1_30_08_10_11_32_25_0.jpeg

fortunately, she has a sense of humor. and lousy aim!

1_30_08_10_11_32_27_1.jpeg

unfortunately, one dishwasher cycle did nothing to remove the corrosion on these old penns.

1_30_08_10_11_27_47_3.jpeg

i was lucky this time. kids, don't try this at home.........

:yahoo: Necessity is the mother of invention, love your work, good to see someone thinking outside the square, even if it didn't work

Hey Alan,

You certainly gave me a good laugh.

What give you the idea a heated dishwasher would clean saltwater

corrosion,Them Penn reels haven't got a fishes arse,they won't keep out suds.

Mate you better strip them right down,clean and grease or you will be buying new ones.

And that will surely take the smile of the little ladies face.

Best of luck with the clean up.

I know a bloke who tried to dry his in a microwave.

And Mate he is still Single.

Cheers Rick.