Streaker Boats

Grozzo

Well since I am selling our old boat we are also looking at upgrading....

Deff. want a galss boat would be nice after having a alloy for sooooo long offshore.... gets to ya back haha

Here is the link to the boats i have been looking at....

http://www.streakerboats.com.au/502cuddy/502cuddy.htm

http://www.streakerboats.com.au/545bluewat...45bluewater.htm

http://www.streakerboats.com.au/545tournam...5tournament.htm

If anyone has any info on these boats... good or bad... it is much appreciated :biggrin2:

Or if anyone has any other suggestions they are welcomed also... have been looking at Haines Hunter a little bit as well... was trying to get onto their website but was having troubles with it.... can anyone help here??

cheers,

Wayne

Wayne,

I too am in the process of upgrading and have been researching for a couple of months now.

what sort of money are you guys looking to spend?

the streaker are good boats off shore. they have a very deep v like the caribbeans.

haines are also good offshore boats, my current boat is a custom built 5.2m centre cab based on a haines hull.

also depends on what you have to tow ur vehicle etc.

let me know and we might be able to help each other out with a bit of info.

cheers,

Col

no dramas.

what will you be fishing for mainly like will it bit an offshore rig etc or more inshore stuff?

you're looking for a half cabin style?

are you wanting to buy brand new or 2nd hand?

2nd hand or brand new it doesnt really matter really if the price is right kinda thing....

Def. mostly offshore with a little bit of lake work when we go down the coast and it is too rough to go outside.... :1badmood:

and yeah a half cab type thing is another thing we want with side clears etc. so i get less wet when the going gets rough hahaha

thanks for the help

Wayne

hehe

yeah i know what you mean i tend to get a bit wet in the centre cab so im goin for the half cab thing.

you're pretty much after what im after and cause im buying myself my budget is about 30k.

mine will be strictly game fishing use so im looking for a very stable offshore platform.

theres a heap of boats out there that look the goods. its just a matter of keeping track of the market and wait for that beauty to come for sale.

im predominantly looking for either a really good boat for cheap with a dodgy engine and replace and put a brand new 4 stroke.

or a good boat with low hours on a 4 stroke. or i could trade up i guess.

also have the option of a moored boat like and old berti but you will probbaly be buying alot of problems.

the only reason id rather somehting bigger with a big diesel is it will probbaly raise more fish.

unless i chuck in a huge stereo with some subs on the bottom of the boat or something !

:074: good thinking with the subs :074:

Yeah I will be 'trying' to be dong some game fishin in the boat... but also dont mind doing some bottom bashing ans stuff like that in the other non summer months... i think they call it winter hehehe!!!

So a jack-of-all-trades boat is a must :biggrin2:

Big enough for 3 ppl MAX offshore just gets to cramped after that... even with a bigger boat i reckon...

I wouldnt mind a 4-stroke... how much better is the fuel economy with one???

Guest bluecod

Another example - both boats to Browns Mtn and back

545 Signature 130 2 stroke Yammy = 130 litres

600 Signature 150 4 stroke yammy = 80 litres

and the 4 stroke is so quiet you can hear the tell tale jet of water hitting the ocean from the drivers seat

I fished on a 5.75 streaker at SWR this year. We were 3 up which was fine.

Good boat, hull worked very well and very beamy for there length.

The only critism was that we did cop one bit of water over the front trolling slow one day when the wind was 20 knots plus, the nose picked up some water and dumped it up the front.

But I have seen a few boats do this (even a seafarer, i think it was a victory), some boats troll with a nose down attitude, usually when conditions are rough so of course everyone is right up the front and trolling into the wind

post-75-1115377487_thumb.jpg

post-75-1115377563_thumb.jpg

Guest bluecod

Good looking boat - you blokes look you're about 6 miles straight out in front of Stuarts Point

Wayne you are no friend of mine if you buy another 2 stroke. :ranting2: Imagine fishing the canyons ALL day down your way, all those big fish will be dying to jump on your lures, go the 4 stroke you know you want too. :1naughty:

I like the look of those streakers, they have won a few awards over the years.

Do a search on boatpoint 5-5.5m boats up to 30k and you should get an idea of some other boats on the market too. Have you looked at the savage mako 5.5m cuddy?

Yeah Bash I have been looking at little bit on those sites.... just to see whats around...

Went to a boat place in my area and seen an Allison 187fisherman 5.7m looked like a nice boat....

And yeah i want a 4stroke would be sweet as just have to see what to budget says really....

I will take what ever comes my way hahaha

Wayne

I'm throwing a vote for the Bertram..... cause im bias :074:

For $30-35k you can pick up a 23-25ft with fully recon motor/s that will be perfect as an offshore rig.

Great sea hull and strong high top sides so no chance of falling overboard when your leaning over with the gaff in hand helpin out a mate!! :1clap:

My 23 fishes 4 off the back no probs... But in your case, not sure about trailerability, its basically a water dwelling machine :1fishing1:

Cheers,

Dave.

Yeah we (me & my old man) are just really looking a options at the moment.... going to wait till the boat show for final decision really.... easy to suss out boats when you can see feel and touch them...

Yeah Ken we most prob will be getting a 4-stroke...

Dave a betram is pretty much outa the question :( cause want to use it for lake use as well as offshore, then again it would be funny watching one crusing through the lake :1prop: so more like a size of a 5.5m give or take is what we are looking for....

I am always interested in peoples points of view though... cause thats how you figure out the good from the bad sometimes....

cheers and thanks for the help all,

Wayne

ps. Is there a site that does LOTS of boat reviews??? thanks :biggrin2: