Battery

captainpete

hi guys i was just thinking i have had my battery for a long time never missed a beat never had to charge it even after winter.i was shocked when i looked at the sticker.month=may year=2002 battery is a super charge gold cacium mrv70 cca 720,is this normal :biggrin2:

i usally get 2 to 3 years out of mine ,i reckon you have got very good value out of that battery do you remember how much it cost you when you bought it. :thumbup:

hi dunc if i think i paid $170 for it thought it was expensive at the time i had to part with my hard erned cash at the time but cheep in the long run,1 very happy captain can not remenber the name of the place . it was a boat dealer on heathcote rd morebank dont know if he is there any more

Edited by captainpete

Have just changed mine after 6.5 years. Was still working OK but not holding charge too well.

It needed regular charging & was concerned it may die in the near future so decided it was time for a new one.

Geoff

The 2 batteries that came with the boat lasted 4 years and then they both died together. Have been taking 2 batteries out of one of my trucks to go fishing but starting to get a pain in the proverbial so will have to chase the moths out and invest in 2 more. I've had to buy 6 batteries since the start of winter for my equipment, a cold winter puts paid to any battery that's not 100%.

Regards Jeff

• 1 month later...

Regularly get 7 years plus out of my batteries,but it does seem that my cranking

batteries always outlast my deep cycle house batteries.

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

Bruce I have got a dual battery system with vsr

130hp yamaha, What start battery should I use and what house battery?

for the last few years I have had both as deep cycle ( obviously wrong one for the Start up battery)

CAn you offer advise

hi guys i was just thinking i have had my battery for a long time never missed a beat never had to charge it even after winter.i was shocked when i looked at the sticker.month=may year=2002 battery is a super charge gold cacium mrv70 cca 720,is this normal :biggrin2:

My Delkor deep cycle has been 4 years and still going strong running a 55lb thrust bowmount, sounder, lights, and bilge.

I get 2 decent sessions out of it before i need to charge it up but generally it gets topped up after every outing, but also recieves charge via the outboard.

Musty