Big Flattie! Central Coast

wacko

WOW that is a superb beast. Third cast hey? Fishing really is an unpredictable sport..which is why we love it. The best part of this encounter is you let that beautiful lady go on her way. Im so envious.Good job. :thumbup:

A HUGE Thankyou to everyone for the positive replies!!

You guys are the champions for encouraging fellow fishers to do well....hats off to ya'all :):thumbup:

I've included a shot of the big girl just after release....we drifted onto a sandflat and it was the perfect spot to gently put her back.

She sat on the bottom for a few moments, then shot off into deeper water. One of those moments where I should've jumped in and taken an underwater shot!!! Doh!

Anyways, thanks again for the encouragment and hope to see you all on the water sometime.

(New boat coming soon!!!)

Cheers,

Wacko.

post-13416-030276800 1286531203_thumb.jpg

Hi Folks,

Been a while since I posted a report!

Just sold the boat so I jumped at the chance of being invited by a fellow fishing mate to fish out of his Bayliner centre console (nice boat!)

We mooched our way round Box Head only to find a persistent wind and rough conditions.........thoughts of our snapper session soon diminished and we found ourselves fishing plastics in more sheltered waters.

Anyways, third cast...and thump! I seriously thought I had hooked a nice school Jew with the big headshakes and fairly long runs.....a stubborn fight trying to lift this beast in a bit of current and on very light line......up comes a BIG flattie! :)

Very well conditioned fish just pushing the 1mtr mark. 4lb braid and 6lb leader!

I swam her for a little bit and she swam away very strongly...stoked!

We pottered round and caught some bream and some more legal flatties after that....but the big girl surely made my day! :)

Cheers,

Wacko

post-13416-011389600 1286366434_thumb.jpg

nice fish Wacko . Well done