Kings

marcel haber

Hit the Harbour today with Lumpookey and his son,

gathered an assortment of bait from the bait grounds and headed off to the kingie grounds.

Did abit of jiggie jig jig and set out the livies.

The action was abit slow and we had to work hard for a feed.

Water temp was good and we could have driven the boat to NZ as the conditions were perfect.

Landed kings between 69 and 89 cm.

Twin 1

post-3455-014467900 1286532565_thumb.jpg

post-3455-088620900 1286532585_thumb.jpg

Nice little king session mate. I was out for a few hours yesterday morning around Loin island in a 12ft tinny and it was like you said nice and calm we were almost going to fly out to Long Reef but didn't think we had enough fuel on board to be safe.

Regards Jeff

gathered an assortment of bait from the bait grounds and headed off to the kingie grounds.

Water temp was good and we could have driven the boat to NZ as the conditions were perfect.

Great results guys,lots of fun landing those beauties plenty of nice kingie dinners there :yahoo: did you land any on the jiggy jigs or did they all get caught on bait.

Twin 1

nice try suszhi with wazabi sauce

Twin 1

Thanks for the response fellow Raiders-

Most fish were caught on the live baits so it was well worth the effort spending some time catching the yellowtail.

Most of the time the fish would take the live bait and then we would get a hit on the jigs as we thrashed it thru the school, the fish which had taken the livie sent the rest of the school in a frenzy and then they would take the jig.

If we had rushed out to the kingie reef and not had the live bait we would have only caught 3 legal size.

You tend to get the bigger kings on the live baits as the smaller ones are curious and will take the jigs.

Nathan - the arms are sore but a nice sore if that makes sense.

twin 1

Thanks for the response fellow Raiders-

Most fish were caught on the live baits so it was well worth the effort spending some time catching the yellowtail.

Most of the time the fish would take the live bait and then we would get a hit on the jigs as we thrashed it thru the school, the fish which had taken the livie sent the rest of the school in a frenzy and then they would take the jig.

If we had rushed out to the kingie reef and not had the live bait we would have only caught 3 legal size.

You tend to get the bigger kings on the live baits as the smaller ones are curious and will take the jigs.

Nathan - the arms are sore but a nice sore if that makes sense.

twin 1

Marcel,

Yeah I know what you mean :biggrin2:

I must get out there and have a go It has been a while sine I have caught something decent!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Well done on finding some fish guys - it has been tough out there recently so you did well even locating some fish!

Interested to know what size jigs you were using if you don't mind me asking... and also what sort of depth of water you were getting them in?

nice going guys :thumbup:

good feed of kings .:yahoo:

was there much surface activity around and did ya get any bonnies...

also were there any jackets around...

cheers....steve.....

sURPRISINGLY NO JACKETS around and no bonnies Steve.

Well done on finding some fish guys - it has been tough out there recently so you did well even locating some fish!

Interested to know what size jigs you were using if you don't mind me asking... and also what sort of depth of water you were getting them in?

Jim - jigs were around the 15 cm mark in no specific colour,make sure the hook is on top of the jig and not the other way round.

Fish were sporadic and not holding in one location - they were continually on the move which made it alot harder.We spent more time trying to locate them than fish for them.

They were holding in 50 to 70 metre mark.

Twin 1

Nice work Marcel :thumbup: . We are both too lazy to jig so instead we just send down livies and start :beersmile::biggrin2:

Dan

Dan- you and your brother are still the cool dudes setting the benchmark.If only we could be as persistant as both of you are.

Jigging is hard work and a mugs game when you can get them easily on the livies.

hey what livies did you guys use? damn those are some nice kingies! gw!

Kelzurd - the fish were taking yellowtail and pike.

Twin 1

Hi Twin

Nice king’s can you guide me where possibly I can find some King’s near the N, S head / Long reef. As I am planing to fishing on Sunday 17 Oct. in the evening up to sunset or may be later. Much appreciated If you can guide me some spots or GPS Points

Also can you please guide me how the tide will affect. it is low tide at 11:50 am the Hi Tide at 5.45 pm and then it goes out. According to this tide where At what time where should I place myself. To get the best possible results.

According to me plan I want to get some yellowtail first. And then do live baiting. And downrigging. where ever you guide me.

Thanks in advance.

BigKing