A New Pb

Piss'n'Broke

Greg went out last night, launched at midnight for some squid. With ten caught by 4am went to our reliable yakka spot and got a few to add to the live bait tank. Proceeded into the main harbour for a few bad dustings around the marker bouys so very p@#$@! Off he came back into middle harbour. Mid morning half way through the tide change things started to happen, 2 kingys both legal and a monster surgeon at 92cm :1yikes:. Things got very quiet after this so he moved a few hundred metres where he nailed another 5 kings within 20mins of anchoring up, then quiet again. So he called it a day, and arrived home at 1130am as I was getting in from work.

A note he does that have any pics of the fish/and or surgeon since Gregs phone is a dinosaur but I know what Im getting him for his birthday :biggrin2::1happybday: . Knew I should have bought him one last Xmas :ranting2: , ah well. All the kingys from from 72-mid 80's, and all fish were released since our freezer is over flowing with king and squid already.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Geez i shouldve gone out this morning, almost did but thought i should do some work.

Might try for tomorrow if my backs OK. Did my back last weekend pulling in bonnies and salmon at the frenzy at the heads.

That is some nice fish Greg got into. Fresh/live squid is gold. They always seem easier on the weekdays when its quiet.

See ya out there soon. Id ask where you got them but hey i think i know LOL :1prop:

Mike

Hi Dan,

Geez i shouldve gone out this morning, almost did but thought i should do some work.

Might try for tomorrow if my backs OK. Did my back last weekend pulling in bonnies and salmon at the frenzy at the heads.

That is some nice fish Greg got into. Fresh/live squid is gold. They always seem easier on the weekdays when its quiet.

See ya out there soon. Id ask where you got them but hey i think i know LOL :1prop:

Mike

:Funny-Post:

Sorry to hear about your back Mike :thumbdown: , but on a bighter notes explains why Greg is getting so many fish lately. Im almost positive you know the location, its your old stomping ground in middle harbour :biggrin2:

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

Greg went out last night, launched at midnight for some squid. With ten caught by 4am went to our reliable yakka spot and got a few to add to the live bait tank. Proceeded into the main harbour for a few bad dustings around the marker bouys so very p@#$@! Off he came back into middle harbour. Mid morning half way through the tide change things started to happen, 2 kingys both legal and a monster surgeon at 92cm :1yikes:. Things got very quiet after this so he moved a few hundred metres where he nailed another 5 kings within 20mins of anchoring up, then quiet again. So he called it a day, and arrived home at 1130am as I was getting in from work.

A note he does that have any pics of the fish/and or surgeon since Gregs phone is a dinosaur but I know what Im getting him for his birthday :biggrin2::1happybday: . Knew I should have bought him one last Xmas :ranting2: , ah well. All the kingys from from 72-mid 80's, and all fish were released since our freezer is over flowing with king and squid already.

Dan

well done any photos?

Dan,

Great effort & even better that you released the fish which were surplus to your needs. It's too that bad some of the "Do Gooders" & Greens don't read these reports as it just goes to show that fisherman in general are our greatest asset when it comes to conserving & managing fish stocks. Well done

Cheers, Scoop

Well done Greg. can you guide me where possibly I can find some King’s near the N, S head / Long reef. As I am planing to fishing on Sunday 17 Oct. in the evening up to sunset or may be later. Much appreciated If you can guide me some spots or GPS Points

Also can you please guide me how the tide will affect. it is low tide at 11:50 am the Hi Tide at 5.45 pm and then it goes out. According to this tide where At what time where should I place myself. To get the best possible results.

According to me plan I want to get some yellowtail first. And then do live baiting. And down rigging.

Thanks in advance.

BigKing

Well done on the kings mate.

There have been kings around the harbour if you have good bait and know where to go. I have had similar results to you guys in terms of action. I found you get fish as soon as you turn up to a spot and then they shut down.

Top stuff on releaseing them to grow bigger as well!