After Work Session

jim77

In short - got an unexpected early mark from work.

Raced home, boat in the water by 3:50.

FIshing by about 4:15ish.

Boated 3 Kings in quick succession. 75, 83 and 87.

Lost a much bigger one by the boat just as i was about to grab the trace and swing it onboard. It was certainly in the 90s, might have even broke the metre. Not happy with that effort! :1badmood:

Just before i was about to leave i hooked a very big fish. It took some serious runs. I fish pretty tight drags and had 80lb braid on that particular rod and this thing was stripping line hard. I managed to lose it due to being a smart arse and having too many rods in the water at once. As i was getting one of the downriggers up i eased off the tension and it managd to throw the hooks! Faaarrrkkkk! But only myself to blame... @ickhead!!!

Left after that as the fish had gone off the bite.

Back at the ramp before six.

Great 1 and half hour session!!

Sorry about the crap picture - 75, 83 and 87.

post-4846-064730900 1287402045_thumb.jpg

In short - got an unexpected early mark from work.

Raced home, boat in the water by 3:50.

FIshing by about 4:15ish.

Boated 3 Kings in quick succession. 75, 83 and 87.

Lost a much bigger one by the boat just as i was about to grab the trace and swing it onboard. It was certainly in the 90s, might have even broke the metre. Not happy with that effort! :1badmood:

Just before i was about to leave i hooked a very big fish. It took some serious runs. I fish pretty tight drags and had 80lb braid on that particular rod and this thing was stripping line hard. I managed to lose it due to being a smart arse and having too many rods in the water at once. As i was getting one of the downriggers up i eased off the tension and it managd to throw the hooks! Faaarrrkkkk! But only myself to blame... @ickhead!!!

Left after that as the fish had gone off the bite.

Back at the ramp before six.

Great 1 and half hour session!!

Sorry about the crap picture - 75, 83 and 87.

well done

Nice work Jim.

I can picture it now. You shouldering kids out of the way to get through the school gate, boat hooked up in the school carpark, in and out of all three lanes to get to the boatramp. Feverish with the desire to load up the rod.

I can picture it now. You shouldering kids out of the way to get through the school gate, boat hooked up in the school carpark, in and out of all three lanes to get to the boatramp. Feverish with the desire to load up the rod.

Ha ha... Actually pretty close Humesy!

I went out again yesterday and i copped an extra lesson last period of the day. I was stood in the doorway of the classroom with my bag in my hand and my car keys at the ready. When the bell went i sprinted to the car park!

Nice work Jim, dont panick boatside on a fish, and it might be time to go stronger leader

Dan

:biggrin2: Is that a piss take Dan...? No panic mate, just careless on my behalf. Neither of the fish lost were due to bust offs - The leader didn't snap. Its going to take a serious fish to bust my leader...

On the first loss the hooks pulled. I might have landed it if i had used a net but probably not as the hooks were literally hanging by a thread in the corner of its mouth.

The second one i lost was due to shite fishing technique by myself. Everyone knows if you let the bend go out of the rod you risk losing the fish. I had stopped its first couple of runs and felt i had it under control. I took the opportunity to wind up one of the downriggers. Fish swam towards me, slack line, bend in the rod gone... Fish goonnnnneeee. Lesson learned though. Don't fish solo with 2 downriggers out and then drop another rod into the mix when you see a good show! :074:

Thanks for the advice though.