Weekend sportfishing

fishmaniac

My brother and I headed out on sunday afternoon when the wind backed off. Unfortuntely it turned and picked up again from the NE a bit stronger than the forecast indicated but that was not going to stop a keen fisho.

We fished the heads and bumped into a school of sambos. We managed 5 of them before the school became spooky and the wind made tossing 5g lures difficult.

I then went to look for some kings and we landed four legals in quick succesion prior to them going off the bite. The largest fish was 92cm. The smallest and largest of those four were released.

post-6215-060216400 1287404732_thumb.jpg

post-6215-046119500 1287404748_thumb.jpg

Edited by fishmaniac

My brother and I headed out on sunday afternoon when the wind backed off. Unfortuntely it turned and picked up again from the NE a bit stronger than the forecast indicated but that was not going to stop a keen fisho.

We fished the heads and bumped into a school of sambos. We managed 5 of them before the school became spooky and the wind made tossing 5g lures difficult.

I then went to look for some kings and we landed four legals in quick succesion prior to them going off the bite. The largest fish was 92cm. The smallest and largest of those four were released.

post-6215-060216400 1287404732_thumb.jpg

post-6215-046119500 1287404748_thumb.jpg

well done

Thanks for the replies,

I have been fishing the main harbour and around the heads. There are fish around but by no means has the kingy season really kicked into gear yet, as much as i hope it would!!!

There are still large schools of salmon around to keep you occupied. Its best to get out and be a bit opportunistic on various species atm, saves the dissapointment of not landing a fish!