Kids First Fish Need Help

dominator4.3

Hey raiders,

Just bought new tinnie and i want to take my girls 2 and 4 years of age for thier first fishing experience on a boat. I dont have a sounder or gps was planning to take them in the Hakesbury and put the boat in at Bobbin Head i really would love to get my kids into fishing can you help me with spots to drift and help my kids catch thier first fish.

Any tips more than welcome.

Hey mate,

If u want them to catch a few then just fish landbased at bobbin head for bream, whiting, mullet and Tailor. Prawns and bread will do just fine. Loads of tiny bream there with a few big ones around. Take them to the marina for a drink and show them the schools of thumping big bream that hang around there. There are quite a few snags but if you use a float or cast it out far enough for them then you should have a ball. You can see heeps of the small bream hang inclose aswell as Blackfish with absolutely huge mullet around 60cm also within view.

Good luck

Tom

You can also try Waratah bay which is 2 or 3 bays up on the left from the boat ramp (at appletree bay). At low tide you can pump for nippers and also go for a bush walk to keep the kids amused if they want to stretch their legs . Good for flatties , bream and small pinkies