New Boat And Cracking First Catch

topgun

Hi all you fellow Fishraiders,

After many years of yearning i have finally purchased my first boat. :thumbup: My brother and I took her down to St georges Basin for her first run as my father-in-law lives there and i get free accomodation. :biggrin2:

I have not fixed any nav lights yet so it was a latish start of about 7:30am. We started out just putting around to run the engine in and decidded to stop in an area that was a little deep as I had heard of some large flatties being caught recently. It was quite for the first 20 min or so but then i got a decent hit on prawn softie, there were a few short runs but it was mainly just a heavy weight coming up. I told my brother to grab the landing net just as the fish was coming ear the surface, he was so in awe of the size of the fish that he forgot to actually put the net in the water :1yikes: I guidded her into the net only to have him drop her out when he lifted it up, luckly she hel on and we got her in the boat on the second attempt. I think an 82cm flattie was a good way to christen the boat :yahoo: .

After that we just moved around and caught a lot of other fish bream, pinkie snapper and more flatties. We even went for a cruise through Sussex Inlet down to the ocean and back. Its beautiful down there.

All fish were released safely.

Here are a few pics that we took:

post-8045-070835400 1288224745_thumb.jpg

post-8045-000772500 1288224786_thumb.jpg

post-8045-037532500 1288224805_thumb.jpg

Edited by topgun

Hey Damo

Long time no speak mate, hows life? well done on that flattie its a beauty. Give me alittle more info on the new ride and lets catch up for a fish on the harbour some time soon

Hey Adz, yeah its been a long time mate!!! Ive got a little one on the way so i thought id better get the boat before hand. It would be good to catch up for a fish sometime before xmas when the kingies come out to play :biggrin2:

Well done on your catch at top marks for cutting her loose.

Nice looking ride, what is it?

Matt

Hi catch'n'release,

She is a 4.5 metre brooker seaman with a 40hp merc. Just need to start pimping her up a bit so i can start getting into the snapper on plastics on the close reefs. Thats the goal anyway.

Hi all you fellow Fishraiders,

After many years of yearning i have finally purchased my first boat. :thumbup: My brother and I took her down to St georges Basin for her first run as my father-in-law lives there and i get free accomodation. :biggrin2:

I have not fixed any nav lights yet so it was a latish start of about 7:30am. We started out just putting around to run the engine in and decidded to stop in an area that was a little deep as I had heard of some large flatties being caught recently. It was quite for the first 20 min or so but then i got a decent hit on prawn softie, there were a few short runs but it was mainly just a heavy weight coming up. I told my brother to grab the landing net just as the fish was coming ear the surface, he was so in awe of the size of the fish that he forgot to actually put the net in the water :1yikes: I guidded her into the net only to have him drop her out when he lifted it up, luckly she hel on and we got her in the boat on the second attempt. I think an 82cm flattie was a good way to christen the boat :yahoo: .

After that we just moved around and caught a lot of other fish bream, pinkie snapper and more flatties. We even went for a cruise through Sussex Inlet down to the ocean and back. Its beautiful down there.

All fish were released safely.

Here are a few pics that we took:

post-8045-070835400 1288224745_thumb.jpg

post-8045-000772500 1288224786_thumb.jpg

post-8045-037532500 1288224805_thumb.jpg

well done