Wharf Fishing Under Attack Again

Hodgey

Cant wait to read some of the replies, open that can of woop ass lol

But yes there are some grubs around.

Lets ban McDonalds as well, i'm sick of seeing their rubbish, hell lets ban anything that affects minority groups.

Could go on but don't want to upset anyone haha

Gotta love some of the useless blogs left though, real intelligent.

Edited by Fezza

Im sorry but what a RSOLE master of the harbour is .

ive writen a reply addressiung him and the issue . i wasnt rude but it was directed at his comments that most people that fish the harbour are " by nature grubby ,are on low income , on welfare with poor self esteem and litle regard for the community .

WTF... what sort of uneducated , pompus self richeous rswipe he sounds like .

ide like to take him fishing ...... 2 men go fishing and only 1 returns . lololololol

craig

Im sorry but what a RSOLE master of the harbour is .

ive writen a reply addressiung him and the issue . i wasnt rude but it was directed at his comments that most people that fish the harbour are " by nature grubby ,are on low income , on welfare with poor self esteem and litle regard for the community .

WTF... what sort of uneducated , pompus self richeous rswipe he sounds like .

ide like to take him fishing ...... 2 men go fishing and only 1 returns . lololololol

craig

lol ... must remember not to take up offers of fishing with you ..

but seriously ... I don't think banning will do anything .. fining the culprits will, but without hard evidence (such as video), it is very hard for authorities to say for certain that a person or particular group of fishermen that are fishing on a wharf has left a mess behind. It's pretty easy to say, "that is not my mess - some other guys that were here 5 minutes ago left all their rubbish".

tough ..

I've been a landbased fisho for a long time and the state of the wharves are disgusting.

I can empathize with the commuters who have to deal with this day in and day out as I catch public transport to and from work and there would be nothing worst than having to be confronted by the smell of fish and human excrement first thing in the morning.

Perhaps the better solution would be to ban bait fishing off the wharves and let them be lure only zones.

The best solution is to be proactive. Regardless of which inconsiderate so and so left the mess, I will bag it and dump it myself and do the rest of the recreational fishing community a favour. Makes me feel a little better for peppering Thirroul beach with lead sinkers and snagged hooks. It's easy to say "not my mess, not my problem" but quite clearly the ramifications don't look good if we want to keep up our favourite pastime.

Don't give 'em anything to whinge about,

Adam.

Its going to happen Hodgey, their going to close the wharves down to fishing. We pay, the government takes it and puts next to nothing back. Where are the inspectors after hours? Sitting behind a desk somewhere thinking of ways to catch more of us trying to do the right thing. because we are easier targets then the morons that ruin everything. I agree with some of the comments in the tele in regards to the people that are responsible but I bet they can talk English when it comes to filling out their dole papers. Then again what has nationality got to been a grub?

Regards Jeff

If you go to pier three Walsh Bay you will see how clean they are down there. One person brings a scrubbing

brush and washes down the place. It just makes you want to keep it clean. He does it during the whole time he is there.

It is disgusting how others leave it at night so this lovely group of people clean it before they start fishing.

Hope they dont shut it down.

I wouldn't blame the councils if they did ban fishing from all ferry wharves. A minority think nothing to just leave the place a mess after fishing. Empty pilly bags, plastic bottles, you name it, and there's usually garbage bins within walking distance. It seems to be even worse off the rocks these days, and in National Parks to boot. Please, how hard is it to take your rubbish with you or put it in a bin. I seriously wonder if these individuals don't do the same at home.

The same people would throw their Maccas leftovers out the window when there's a bin 3m away, or park in disabled spots to save having to walk an extra 20m.

Love this country and start taking pride in how it looks.

Rosalind of Sydney Posted at 11:02 AM November 10, 2010

Why don't fishermen buy their fish at a fish shop like most of us. Our waters are being fished out and sea birds are commonly seen with fishing line and wire crippling and killing them. Find another sport that doesn't involve the killing of our wildlife and that includes scuba divers.

Unfortunately not all fisherman in Australia are "Aussies." Even more unfortunately our governments live in La LA Land and can't seem to accept this and recognise the differences for what they are.

WTF???? :ranting2:

Edited by jewchaser

lets do something proactive - start an annual cleanup the wharves day run by fishraiders!!! and make sure the media are informed and report it. While we are at it we can talk to anglers and explain the problems and encourage anglers to clean up after themselves.

pete.

lets do something proactive - start an annual cleanup the wharves day run by fishraiders!!! and make sure the media are informed and report it. While we are at it we can talk to anglers and explain the problems and encourage anglers to clean up after themselves.

pete.

I'd be there... good initiative. :thumbup:

Unfortunately the morons that are to blame couldn't give a rat's arse about the environment and wouldn't take one bit of notice. The tabloids are only interested in sensationalising something and I would doubt that a few people cleaning up a wharf would fit in their sell more papers agenda.

Regards Jeff

I'd love to see fisheries officers and/or police start doing the rounds of the jetties and warves on a regular basis checking licences and catches. The people who litter generally have no respect for others and you can bet that the odds of them having a licence and respecting bag limits is pretty low. This would easily pay for itself in fines and I think it would have a huge impact in increasing the general levels of behaviour of some fishermen across the board.