Ecogear And Juro

trev

This is a pic of the ecogear sx-40 beside a juro lure.

A mate said they came from the same factory but I wasn't sure??

But the shape certainly looks the same. Cost comparison and fish test would be interesting.

Might be a good excuse to go breaming

Cheers

Trev

post-688-1115886794_thumb.jpg

Id Have to disagree,

I think that they're great, especially for the price.

I dont think the colours are all that un-natural either.

The hooks and rings need up grading but there's saving to be had especially if your names swoffa and lose $200 worth of SX's in the racks ! :074::074:

Not taking anything away from the SX's and I do have a tackle box full of them, but in harsh terrain the juro's get first cast. I can lose Two of these for the price of one SX.

I found these pictures of comparison on another site

Chris

post-192-1115903285_thumb.jpg

post-192-1115903324_thumb.jpg

Andrew,

I got all my juro's at $8.00, add $1.50 for two St36 owners in size 14 and some split rings and it comes in at just under 10 bucks.

Not exactly half the price of an SX, but a notable saving both in dollars, and in heartache when you get busted off or snagged.

Chris

I haven't tried the Juros out but I haven't seen too many copies of other HB's that work as well as the original either.

The SX-40 is tough competition for any imitation to beat. I'll be sticking with the SX-40's.

Aero do you have trouble with the size 14 Owners straightening? I use size 12's & still straighten / bend a few.

I haven't tried the Juros out but I haven't seen too many copies of other HB's that work as well as the original either.

The SX-40 is tough competition for any imitation to beat. I'll be sticking with the SX-40's.

Aero do you have trouble with the size 14 Owners straightening? I use size 12's & still straighten / bend a few.

47375[/snapback]

Ken,

for me the jury is out on whether copies are as good as originals in lures. Having done most if not nearly all my HB lure fishing for bass I'd say the copies work pretty well but then Bass are a completely different species to Bream.

Anyway this achieved what I wanted the missus has said I should buy a couple of each and test them out....... :1naughty:

Cheers

Trev

Hey Ken,

I haven't had any issues with the size 14's yet, but I haven't any big fish i've had to wrestle out of structure either. Plus the fact that I've only had the size 14's for 3 or so weeks. At this stage im still happy to use the size 14's.

Most of my hardbodying while I've been here in SA has been over weedy flats, racks and oysters will become an issue once I move back to sydney.

Two size 12's owners sink a Juro, thats why i've had to resort to 2x 14's and before that it was just one size 12 on the rear end.

Chris

I'd be concerned with size 14 :biggrin2: But having said that I have had more small Bream damage hooks than large ones.

The reasons why I am dubiuos about copies is that I have had problems ever time I have used them. Like I said I haven't tried Juro so I can't comment on those but in the past after getting sent some "new" brand copies of popular lures I have had trouble with hook & tow points. One brand that looked amazingly like paleamon had the rear hook point pull out on a spikey flatty about 30cm on 4 pound leader :thumbdown: & a couple propellor type surface lures had the front & rear points pull out on small tarpon again on light leader. After having a few large Rapalas get split by Yellowfin & tried some cheaper copies & had them fall to bits on smallish fin around 15 kilos.

If copies work for you & you can save money go for your life but in my experience I have found them to be less than reliable so I avoid them.

You can only really go by your own experiences & mine have been pretty forgettable so far.

Hi Guys,

I have to state again that Ecogear and Juro are from different factory. Also according to the fit out with Sx-40. The reason why is more expensive is that Asutralia JML trading/Ecogear Japan has invest money and time to make an overall good balance body, swimming action , bouyancy in the water and colour finished. Which if someone want to copy, it is very easy to send it and make the exactly same thing with no cost.

If you guys think it is a good trend for lure market, I just have to accept :(

However I believe Ecogear Sx's have better finish, also straight out of box to use. I believe most Sx's user has confident and pride to use such a good quality lure. Even though Ecogear in the future will still make expensive lure as usual :05:

But the main thing is that Ecogear want to bring the best possible lure we can for the high end user and promote high quality tackle sport fishing( I think it is a trend anyway).

I don't have to say too much about how good is Sx's but the figure can tell. I have 150 pcs of all 10 colours on back orders in less a month and I have no stock in the office at all now.

Last words, if you can afford Sx-40 and you are happy with it..then go for it. It won't let you down. If you don't want to spend that sort of money. Then go for the cheaper one.

I often make this statement, Camry and Lexcus 300 has same engine but half the price. Why is people still want Lexus? And why Lexsus win best luxury car in the world. I don't know if Lexsus make more money than Carmy, but I believe the people from Lexsus have pride about their cars.

happy fishing

Guest hottuna

Funny i got it from very good authority, that they are cast /moulded in the same factory. but then got to different factories to get painted, fitted up with terminals.

That make very good sense to me. These are not the first this has happened too.

dan

Your not wrong there Dan. A lot of popular lures have been copied by a certain company to the detriment of several lure makers. A couple local products have been copied & sold cheap & it sent the original lure designers to the wall unfortunately.

Research & development cost time & money & when lures are copied & sold it doesn't encourage companies like Ecogear to invest funds develop new products so in the end its us fishos missing out. Its not just HB's that get copied either. Look at single tail plastic grubs :1prop:

Tony,

I Have no issues with the SX's , and have invested many pay cheques in them,

But in some applications, Id rather not throw around a 18 dollar lure when a 10 dollar one will do ther job.

Its just like taking your $100,000 lexus four wheel driving, there are cars better suited to offroad work, at a cheaper price.

Chris

Hi Guys,

I have  to state again that Ecogear and Juro are from different factory. Also according to the fit out with Sx-40. The reason why is more expensive is that Asutralia JML trading/Ecogear Japan has invest money and time to  make an overall good balance body, swimming action , bouyancy in the water and colour finished. Which if someone want to copy, it is very easy to send it and make the exactly same thing with no cost.

If you guys think it is a good trend for lure market, I just have to accept :(

However I believe Ecogear Sx's have better finish, also straight out of box to use. I believe most Sx's user has confident and pride to use such a good quality lure. Even though Ecogear in the future  will still make  expensive lure as usual :05:

But the main thing is that Ecogear want to bring the best possible lure we can for the high end user and promote  high quality tackle  sport fishing( I think it is a trend anyway).

I don't have to say too much about  how good is Sx's but the figure can tell. I have  150 pcs of all 10 colours on back orders in less a  month and I have no stock in the office at all now.

Last words, if you  can afford Sx-40 and you are happy with it..then go for it. It won't let you down. If you  don't want to spend that sort of money. Then go for the cheaper one.

I often make this statement, Camry and Lexcus 300 has same engine  but half the price. Why is people still want Lexus?  And why Lexsus  win best luxury car in the world.  I don't know if Lexsus make more money than Carmy, but I believe the people from Lexsus have pride about their cars.

happy fishing

47399[/snapback]

Great to hear your view Tony :)

As yet another certified SX-40 lover, I have tried the Juro's and they are simply an inferior product.

One of the reasons SX's catch fish well is the rattle and harmonics - here's a test, put one of each in either hand, shake them, listen and decide.

"Jeeze Dave, they're almost the same it can't make that much difference" - Dead wrong. The best example of effective rattles and vibration is the Jackall range of lippless crankbaits.... many are similar but none catch the same.

I haven't done this, but is anyone brave (or mad) enough to take a saw or hammer to one of each for an internal examination? You could check the plastic thickness, what the rattles are made of, internal chambers etc........ of course, it would make it easier if Juro did a transparent one like the SX's - then you'd know for sure.

One point I don't agree on Tony is that they don't always swim straight out of the box - personally the 'needs tuning' rate runs around 1 in 5, but it's an easy fix with the pliers.

The Juro's on the other hand have all needed a tweak.

Cheers,

Hi Aero,

I already said. If people want to spend the money for quality...and they can afford. Then go for it.

If people think it is over price and you have cheaper alternative. It is fine. If you can catch lots of fish on them. It is very cool! I already explain enough and I don't want to lead to another arguments.

Hi Dave,

Is that true? Um...I better tell them wiith better quality control. Thanks for your advice and opinions.

cheers

Edited by Tony S

Quality wasnt my issue Tony,

I dont think the SX's are over priced for the quality of the lure, hence my collection of 30 or so.

More so the application/risk factor Vs cost,

Like I said you wouldnt take your Lexus Four wheel driving, just like I wouldn't throw a 18 dollar lure at a Rack.

Chris

Id have to agree with DaveW here,

I have used the sx-40 to great effect recently and still find I do have to tune them every now and then - but the first juro I ever threw needed major re-tuning and ended up being discarded cause I was having to stuff around with it to much.

They may look the same but they have nowhere near the action of an ecogear nor do the cast as well (mine anyway). And nor is the rattle anywhere the same IMO.

But in saying how different I reckon they are, you cant hide the fact that they do catch, and I have heard more stories than I can poke a stick at about the Juros and how this and that person has been cleaning up and are now a favourite lure. I wonder if they were throwing an Eco how they would have fared.

And Dave the hacksaw will be out tonight, time to see the inside of them.....

Im and Ecogear user, and my Juros dont even get wet, even after hearing all these reports.....

And man o mighty size 14 owners would scare the living piss out of me especially after seeing the damage my 12`s cop from good fish...... I now exclusively run 10`s on the back and a debarbed 12 on the front.

And yeah you should see my tackle boxes 200 lures and middle trebles only on the new ones or specific flats lures, so about 180 with them taken off :1naughty: Ive had a habit for a while of running 1 treble - which I dont reckon made to much difference, but I have recentley been trialing the twin hook (?) owner on the front and that still leaves it close to snagless also, and sticky weight under the belly which the middle treble stickes to - seems most interesting at the moment.

cheers

richo

• 1 year later...

Id Have to disagree,

I think that they're great, especially for the price.

I dont think the colours are all that un-natural either.

The hooks and rings need up grading but there's saving to be had especially if your names swoffa and lose $200 worth of SX's in the racks ! :074::074:

Not taking anything away from the SX's and I do have a tackle box full of them, but in harsh terrain the juro's get first cast. I can lose Two of these for the price of one SX.

I found these pictures of comparison on another site

Chris

hi Cris.

where can i buy these strikepro pygmy's. i live in the lake maquarie area in nsw. are the pygmy 2's just as good. how much are they. how did you fis them for bream.

thanks.

lloyd.

juro are owned by ecogear from what i understand, so the lures may come from differant factories, but are from the same producers... i guess its there way of offering a product to two differant groups of consumer.

the juro pigmy's have been available in most tackle shops i have seen over here in SA<

fish them in exactly the same way as any other floating lure for bream, slow retreive, crank it down, float it up a bit, crank it down some more, etc...

have had quite a few bream in murky water grab one of the flouro orange ones, and the pink ones work well also.... the only real problem with them is the lack of 'natural baitfish' colours....