Land Based Kingy 80Cm Sydney Harbour

kris

KRIS KATCHER FINALLY CAUGHT HIS FIRST LEGAL KINGY !!!!!

Hello fellow raiders...

I headed out yesterday morning with a few mates at 3am for a serious session targeting fresh bait in hope to get some kingies...

:biggrin2: Here it goes :biggrin2:

Got to a park near the Iron Cove Bridge at around 3am and started squiding... It was extremely slow and not a squid insight as the tides were king highs due to the full and new moon week. After a good hour of hunting for squid, I came across a cuttlefish. Their aggressive nature helped my hook up and was in the bucket within seconds. Mean while the sun had risen and my mate was on to a Kingy on peeled prawn on his 2 kilo line and unfortunately the depressing PING of the line snapping was heard. With adrenaline running through all of the boys it was time to get more hook ups and try and land these machines. I sent out the cuttlefish with many attempts to set it correctly. It was my first and only cuttlefish so i had to be smart about how i hooked it.. Noticing that the cuttlefish would not sink and continued to stay afloat, I decided to take control and remove the backbone of the fish and save it for my 2 female budgies at home. With the cuttlefish finally set, I moved onto catching my first garfish and again my only garfish as the excitement of catching it resulted in the nasty tangle of my sabiki rig.. I sent out the garfish in hope for a kingy, as they eat pretty much anything. (I've seen whiting come out of Kingies before when other successful anglers have cut and gutted them) To cut a long story short, I hooked onto a Kingy on the cuttlefish rod and the fight lasted 10 minutes and covered 50 meters of the park avoiding rocks and oysters. END RESULT 80 CM KINGFISH

..........MY PERSONAL BEST............

80 CM Kingy

post-9391-047058700 1291811844_thumb.jpg

Sydney Harbour Bridge Kingy

post-9391-081979400 1291811952_thumb.jpg

I'VE CAUGHT MANY RATS OFF BOATS ALTHOUGH CATCHING A KINGY LANDBASED IS 100 TIMES MORE SATISFYING

HAPPY FISHING AND THE KINGIES ARE THERE even though there is a current deficit of live bait