Trailer Stolen From Roseville Ramp

Crunchie

Now have I got a story for you,

launched my boat at 4am Saturday morning.

Headed into the harbour - pretty poor conditions with the swell and wind, so headed back into the Spit.

Had a fish for a while but with no luck headed home.

This is where it gets interesting. :thumbdown:

Tied the boat up and went to my car. Looking up thinking I am sure that is my car - but there is no trailer behind it. :ranting2:

Some low down %%%%% stole my trailer of the back of my car between 4am and 7am.

How low can some people go. Not only in stealing other peoples possesions, but in stealing a trailer they are really leaving you high and dry. (well actually wet)

Thankfully Club Marine was very helpful, got onto the place where I bought my boat and they had someone at the ramp by 10am with a trailer to at least get me out of the water.

Well, I had to get that off my chest, and guess what, I also had one of the trailer safety / locking devices and they have somehow managed to get this off.

A warning to all and sundry, keep your eyes out for anyone acting a little odd and call the police if you see anyone down there.

Let me just catch the bastard I will be taking more than a rolling pin to them. :wife::wife::wife:

Crunchie,

Thats bad!!!!!! Everyones nightmare!!!!

"I also had one of the trailer safety / locking devices and they have somehow managed to get this off.''

Which one? I may need to change mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard

Headed into the harbour - pretty poor conditions with the swell and wind, so headed back into the Spit.

Tied the boat up and went to my car. Looking up thinking I am sure that is my car - but there is no trailer behind it. :ranting2:

How low can some people go. Not only in stealing other peoples possesions, but in stealing a trailer they are really leaving you high and dry. (well actually wet)

Thankfully Club Marine was very helpful, got onto the place where I bought my boat and they had someone at the ramp by 10am with a trailer to at least get me out of the water.

Well, I had to get that off my chest, and guess what, I also had one of the trailer safety / locking devices and they have somehow managed to get this off.

A warning to all and sundry, keep your eyes out for anyone acting a little odd and call the police if you see anyone down there.

Let me just catch the bastard I will be taking more than a rolling pin to them. :wife:  :wife:  :wife:

47709[/snapback]

That would have to be the lowest thing I have heard of in years , good on Club Marine just pays to be a member. I hope someone finds the bastard and they get whats comming to them.

Hi Crunchie,

that sucks! What sort of rubbish would do that? I arrived at Roseville ramp at 6 am on Sunday morning and there wasnt many cars there then, sorry I didnt see anyone hanging around. And for a Sunday morning, there were not many people there at all. That is great to know Club Marine provide such a service, I wonder if the other insurers do that. Anyway, I believe in karma and the a***holes who stole your trailer will get theirs in due time. BTW, a guide I go with had his trailer stolen before as well.

Guest bassifier

It would be a horrible thing to happen :( I have seen the end result when a mate turned up at the ramp to find his gone, lucklily I managed to find one for him to borrow.

Since then I have the chain locked to the car, a padlock in the lift pin, a padlocked towbar/car and a trailer lock.

I figure the more visible detterent the better. If they want mine they gotta get through 4 locks :1yikes:

There is only one word to describe low lifes like that and I am pretty sure I can't use it here........ I believe in Karma as well so I'm sure these scum bags will get what is coming to them

It is always a huge fear of mine getting back to the ramp to find the trailer gone. I made the point of asking my insurance company that they cover towing costs for the boat in situations like that

Trailer locks are a good idea but it will only stop honest thieves. But they do slow them down. I figure if use one and I am parked next to someone that doesn't have them then mine might not look as attractive.

I like your idea Bassifier 4 locks are better than 1. Looks like I might be off to the hardware this arvo

Guest Jocool

I also believe in Karma...But I also believe in retribution! :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Not a great story Crunchie! Hope it gets better for you. :thumbup:

As far as security goes, I always have a locking system on my trailer, AND my tow hitch is locked to the car! Locking the reciever to the car is very important. There is no point locking the trailer to the ball, if the reciever can slide straight out. I also make it a habit to try and park in a well trafficked area, not right at the back of a parking lot where not many people would pass. AND...I try and have the trailer wheels wedged hard against a kerb, pole or tree. That way if they DO manage to get through the locks, they can't back the trailer away to clear the car!

Guest Jewel

Bastards!

Burley would too good and end for the f@#$ers.

Rest assured that if I see any messing with things that are not theirs around a ramp the result will not be pleasant!

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, but as Joe said karma is a wonderfull thing....... it hangs about and builds up then turns up when you least expect it good or bad!!

Guest fishrunner

Thats a bloody arse of an act, I used to use 2 * 10ml stainless wires, -1 through all the runners and padloicked under the car and another through the trailer frame and under the car., My uncle had his rollers knocked off in newcastle bout 2 yrs ago - which is why rollers were secured, .

Gotten a bit complacent recently, but after hearing your misfortune after some lowlife act they are all comming back out of the garage.

It's always in the back of my mind whenever returning from a day out.!.

what goes round comes round, they'll get theirs!! :ranting2::ranting2:

Let me just catch the bastard I will be taking more than a rolling pin to them. :wife:  :wife:  :wife:

47709[/snapback]

:thumbdown: mate i feel for u i hope they loose a wheel whilst towing and if you ever see anyone playing around with fellow fishos property eg; trailers rise the mighty GAFF TO THEM and let them know leave our gear alone.......

The sad thing is that's it predominantly other fishos doing the stealing. About 5 years ago a mate had his 3 week old dunbier stolen from the mooney mooney ramp. The funny thing was he was in such a rush to get his new boat out he jumped in the car and it wasnt until he started reversing down the ramp that he noticed his shiny new trailer had been replaced with a 50 year old back yard job with 8 inch wheel barrow wheels and the only thing holding it together was the electrical tape on the rust :risata: .

At least insurance payed for a new one. Trouble is not all people have insurance.

bad luck mate, thats gotta be my worst nightmare too. hope the basterd gets what he deserves...and then some :ranting2:

i always use my Klamp-it trailer wheel clamp when im out, regardless of day or night or what ramp im on(usually parsley bay). i know this is not foolproof but it is certainly a deterent. i like to also park hard against the kerb like joe and if possible between other cars.

having insurance always helps and thumbs up to Club Marine.

anthony...