Botany Bay - 24/12/2010

dhype

Hey Raiders -

With perfect looking conditions this morning could not resist a quick solo fish before xmas lunch.

Hit the water at 6am and encountered massive schools of chopper tailor.. fish jumping around everywhere.

Caught a dozen in as many minutes with metal slices but all fish were less the 30cm... left them jumping in search of bigger things!

Saw the schools of bonito splashing about to tossed out a few xraps and came up with plenty of these...

post-10545-055388200 1293261231_thumb.jpg

post-10545-023616900 1293261308_thumb.jpg

Once i got enough of the bonnies it was time to upsize again... tied on my trusty Bozo lure and started flick around Molli point and on my second cast this little bugger put a nice bend on my new carrot stix!

post-10545-015413500 1293261194_thumb.jpg

post-10545-038782200 1293261514_thumb.jpg

A quick photo and back it went.... caught 3 other kingies between 55 and 63cm over the next hour or so.... fantastic fun and no need to catch livies!!!

(I did see plenty of undersize kings being kept by the boaties around me... very poor form mad.gif )

Continued flicking the plastics around and then out of nowhere something smashes it hard! Line peels off at a rapid rate and then in front of me.. the biggest salmon I have ever seen in Botany leaps out in front of me! After a good 10 minute fight and numerous jumps... this 67cm salmon is netted!! My PB salmon! 1clap.gif

post-10545-018104400 1293262200_thumb.jpg

post-10545-058324000 1293264545_thumb.jpg

After landing the salmon I had time for a few final cast before having to head home.... on the first cast the lure gets smashed again! This time I could tell the fish was a lot bigger than anything i have caught so far today.... the fish just kept peeling line so i tightened the drag to put a stop to the thing.... few moments later the line goes limp! NO NO NO !!!

Get the line back in and find this!!!!

post-10545-030599300 1293262564_thumb.jpg

The fine gauge TT jighead hook snapped in half !!! Too much pressure for the hook.... was not too happy about losing the fish... sad.gif.

Felt like a large king....but this we will never know...

Packed up shortly afterwards and headed home!

One of the best morning sessions i have had on the bay. See you all on the water!

Cheers

Trung / DHYPE

Edited by dhype

Well done mate. It is disapointing to hear people keeping under size kings. It has been a while since I have seen this many kings around.

Cheers

Not only is there plenty of kings around... you have hordes of bonito everywhere... Bontany is alive and well!

Guest Aussie007

what a shame on other fisho's keeping undersize fish but the question is will anyone eat off of that mc donalds food tray u pinched when u return it? LOL

Once again the dhype has stepped up to the plate and delivered yet again another fantastic report. Ull soon be doing ur own charters giving Scotty Lyons a run for his money!

DHYPE Botany Bay Fishing Charter! great idea!!!

$90 per head. All gear and soft plastics supplied- no bait allowed on board! hahahahah !!!

Scotty has the bright green boat... I have the bright red/pink pool noodle on my front windscreen!! Watch out Scotty!! :)

cheers

Trung / DHYPE

DHYPE Botany Bay Fishing Charter! great idea!!!

$90 per head. All gear and soft plastics supplied- no bait allowed on board! hahahahah !!!

Scotty has the bright green boat... I have the bright red/pink pool noodle on my front windscreen!! Watch out Scotty!! :)

cheers

Trung / DHYPE

Ill give you 10 bucks and a sip out of my stubbie..pml

hey Pete!

I'll take steve and you out for free and show you how it's done in Botany...going by the results you guys managed last time you were in the bay you will need all the help you can get!!! Hahaha.

We should catch up shortly and have a "fish-off" again.

Take it easy mate!

Trung