Stonker at the Georges PART II

Rafinx

Hey guys first off, I would like to say Thank you to my unofficial mentor Moe (SQUIDDIN) For helping me catch this monster fish. And a Special Thanks to Sara for my relentless Quest to catch my first Jew and the sleepless nights attempting. Love you :)

post-16019-094669100 1294438726_thumb.jpg

(Id like to know if i can get this in the January catch of the month?)

Ok Lets make this a decent report and explain the whole night, It started with me and my girlfriend (Sara) picking up Moe and having a 20 minute discussion on where to go fishing first, at 7pm. We decided to hit oatley boat ramp to see if some poddies were around, unfortunately none decent size.

After a short time it started to rain and had to get the rain coats out, then gave up deciding to hit the hacking for squid and yakkas, Sara Caught a yakka, while Moe caught a decent size arrow, with nothing else to use as bait... WELL lucky we went squidding through out the week and had an arsenal of about 10-15 squids.

Nothing beats the trip over to the Georges river with Moe and I having abit of a go at each other, when all was resolved with a late night maccas run! :)

Ok at this time it was high tide, 12 pm at the hacking, and thought it was time to go to the Georges river, Shortley after arriving we saw a couple other jew fishers packing up at i stamped my T-curve bluewater in the rod holder, Moe took the right side. My rig was a sliding snell with a star sinker and glow beads, which, was professionally made by Moe, also showing me how to rig my squid.

Ok the time now is 1pm the tide coming up slowly and almost about to stop dead in its track, Sara has her pillow and blanket and saddled up for the night while Moe and I found a swivel chair that i joked saying its a game chair, after about 20 minutes of watching breams chew on our squids, I decided to set up a small graphite rod with tube worms, when I hear the sound of my Baitrunner 8000 starting to run, at this time I jumped off my game chair while Moe was telling me to not reef the rod straight away. Here i was holding it tightly, watching my baitrunner go nuts, and finally about 3 runs later Moe gives me the cue, So i reefed the T-Curve and BANG! A STEAM TRAIN!

with head shakes, before the fish was already tired, it was like bringing in a dead weight until it was close, and WOW its a moment ill never forget, when the fish surfaced, it was a Beaut, after netting him, I had to shake Moe's hand like 5 times, he has helped me so much and deserves recognition for the catch.

Ok thats enough about the catch you all wanna see the photo's

post-16019-014022600 1294440130_thumb.jpg

The Fish is 96 cm and I weight him this morning, 7.7kg

Edited by Rafinx

Now That's a Mighty Fine Jew there Congratulations,

Its always good to have someone there to mentor you well done Moe you will be remembered and appreciated for your efforts.

Some great Reading there enjoyed it alot!!

Keep up the great reports!!

Regards,

Nathan

Nice jew well done i bet you the hands were trembling after that capture,I remember when i got my first jew it felt like id one lotto and i certainly never slept that night i just kept rewinding the whole episode in my head over & over again . You might also want to keep a diary of your capture TIME ,TIDE,MOON PHASE,BAROMETER,WIND,MONTH After a while you will definately notice a pattern develope. WELL DONE ONCE AGAIN :beersmile::beersmile::thumbup:

Thanks guys, Moe is a great guy and is always willing, he is committed to fishing and a great mate to have. I believe you defo need the information for these fish, as they are a very mysterious, specially when you see the tide so still only to be broken by a fish of that calibre

Edited by Rafinx

dont worry carl its not the only jewi il get you on 2 hopefuly if the weather good next weekend il get you on 2 a bigger beach jew and fanx 4 the mentor thing i dont think i did any thing special buy getting ya jew all i did was lead you the write way you deserve that jewi and you will get plenty more im happy 2 help any 1 to get there first jew as long as there committed and willing 2 put in the hours 2 catch the bait during the week and put in the time 4 the jews and you did thats why i was more than happy 2 help you because wanted it so badly and you put in the time and effort will have 2 get sarah on her first jewi next

ive already told sara that she is getting the next jew fish in, im not going to be greedy, your right so long as you see one get pulled in there will be an aura of satisfaction, so yeah, im going to see if she wants to join fish raider, and she has been coming along with fishing, mostly catching more then me most trips we do >.<, thanks again moe, hopefully you will be there when she catches one 2.

ive already told sara that she is getting the next jew fish in, im not going to be greedy, your right so long as you see one get pulled in there will be an aura of satisfaction, so yeah, im going to see if she wants to join fish raider, and she has been coming along with fishing, mostly catching more then me most trips we do >.<, thanks again moe, hopefully you will be there when she catches one 2.

Please ask Sara to join fishraider :thumbup: I love to see the women join us