top jew to fight

lowrid3r

Hey guys last nite the jews must of been crackin loll

i managed to catch a silver biddy thew him in n i tell ya he only lasted

10 mins n BANG he was offfffffff i only had shitty 20pound braid n it was really

rocky n he was runnin so close to the rocky oysters i was shittin it loll

took 40mins he was a tough one. I was as happy as larry loll he weight in at 20kg

n measured 1.4n a lil. I cut out the jaw but man i cant find the bloody jewls that

every1 talks about im gonna start collectin em can sum1 help me out pls loll

thanx guys

post-15750-070213900 1294820551_thumb.jpg

Hey guys last nite the jews must of been crackin loll

i managed to catch a silver biddy thew him in n i tell ya he only lasted

10 mins n BANG he was offfffffff i only had shitty 20pound braid n it was really

rocky n he was runnin so close to the rocky oysters i was shittin it loll

took 40mins he was a tough one. I was as happy as larry loll he weight in at 20kg

n measured 1.4n a lil. I cut out the jaw but man i cant find the bloody jewls that

every1 talks about im gonna start collectin em can sum1 help me out pls loll

thanx guys

Excellant catch......now that's a Jew Fish. Gotta love catching fish of that size on 20lb braid. Would have been a real fight,gotta love the head shakes and powerful first run while your heart is pumping JUST EXCELLENT WELL DONE. Curious what rod/reel combo did you use?

chris

Hey lowrider, those jewels your talking about are pritty easy to take out. Best way is to use a hacksaw blade and long nose pliers. Take the jewies gills out and youll see a thick bone section were the spine starts at the head (brain section). Here is a pic where they are located. The jewels are there as a counterbalance when the fish is moving. Usually found in specimens over 10 kg. I took two out of my jewie that was 20 kg. I also did my own taxidermy on the head and mounted it with an engravement hahaha. The jewels polish up nice for calcified bone. Anyways heres the pic!

post-12521-068366400 1294893279_thumb.jpg

Yep jewie flesh is beautiful to eat! This is what mine looked like after we cleaned him.

post-12521-092682200 1294893658_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dom_inance

Hey lowrider, those jewels your talking about are pritty easy to take out. Best way is to use a hacksaw blade and long nose pliers. Take the jewies gills out and youll see a thick bone section were the spine starts at the head (brain section). Here is a pic where they are located. The jewels are there as a counterbalance when the fish is moving. Usually found in specimens over 10 kg. I took two out of my jewie that was 20 kg. I also did my own taxidermy on the head and mounted it with an engravement hahaha. The jewels polish up nice for calcified bone. Anyways heres the pic!

post-12521-068366400 1294893279_thumb.jpg

Yep jewie flesh is beautiful to eat! This is what mine looked like after we cleaned him.

post-12521-092682200 1294893658_thumb.jpg

That top photo looks like one i put on another site. It is is'nt it???

Nice Jewy :thumbup: All fish have jewels its just the size that varies. They are in fact the ear bones and if you cut them in half and polish them you can tell how old the fish is by counting the lines much like counting the growth rings in trees, each ring represents a year, although the rings don't start to show until around one year or two old :thumbup: