My first Kingie

JET01

Bought a new Shimano T-curve Flight 7ft 1-4kg on Thursday.

I fished 2 rods Thursday and Friday and only managed a fish when I fished my 2-4kg Trion, that included a Stingray. Which was a big anti climax.

Went back to the same spot this morning as there's been a lot of bait fish around seeing as the water's been so warm.

Fished from 11, and after about an hour and a half of nothing... Bang... Drag on the 2500 Stradic CI4 starts screaming. My first thoughts were... "Not another bloody ray"

Turns out I'd hooked my first rat King. The most fun I've had with my pants on.

3lb Fireline Crystal, 6lb Flouro Leader, 1/8th Jighead with a 3inch Nuclear Chicken Minnow. I've been fishing a lot of different lures lately, but every time i come back to the Nuclear Chicken Minnows I always seem to be catching fish.

I can't believe how much of a pleasure it is to fish with the t-curve flight. I'm almost tempted to go and buy a few more, especially after the price it got my one at.

Here's a pic

post-12306-024942600 1295068686_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blood Knot

awesome capture on the silly string..:yahoo:

i have got kings to just under the magic meter mark yet my most memorable ones have been rats on 6lb 2-4kg and stradic 2500 combo...

the sound of the reel screemin is just sooooo sexy and adrenaline pumping...

how long did it take you to get it in...

cheers...steve....

Rooster, it took around 5mins, which is a pretty long time considering i'm used to fishing for flatties. My arm was kiling me by the end of it... i'm not used to such strong fish...

I was just lucky i was on the flats and there were no snags around. I didn't have much say in where that Kingie went that's for sure.

Sorry about the swearing on the clip. Hope i haven't offended any children. The link has been removed to keep this forum family friendly. Just hope we (the moderators and I) got there in time.

Bream

Nice catch mate, and great location to say the least, i have just moved to to the shire 12 months ago and love getting out and about, not having much luck at all.

Was there 2 weeks ago down closer to the baths and a huge amount of bits but just could snag a good one.

Might see you around the area, and congrats

P.S: where can I find the video of catch ?

Bream

Nice catch mate, and great location to say the least, i have just moved to to the shire 12 months ago and love getting out and about, not having much luck at all.

Was there 2 weeks ago down closer to the baths and a huge amount of bits but just could snag a good one.

Might see you around the area, and congrats

P.S: where can I find the video of catch ?

my username on youtube is jetlee1981

there's a clip of my biggest flatty and the kingie on the end of my new t-curve.... my camera only does 2min clips so it got cut off. We had it in shortly after the end of the clip.

be warned that the language is poor so it's not recommended for children.

i paid 189 for the t-curve flight

Hmm how good to the 1-4 kg 'flights' go on the estuary pelagics....awesome weapon the and arc you can put in them is crazy...i have 2 and highly recommned them....comgrats on the king mate great effort on the silly string....

After all these positive posts i'm really starting to think i might have had a chance at the Pure Fishing prize of the month... i'll never take a photo without the Special item is again.

I could really do with a few prizes... it's been a pretty shitty month.

Edited by JET01