Mates King Fish

MrGenius

My mate bought himself a downrigger for xmas and has been giving it a work out during his holidays. It was a slow start getting used to using it but we got a few baits taken and one rat on the first go out.

Since then he has been heading out every day possible and has done better each time, upping his PB to 95cm.

Then last week i get a picture message on my phone with the latest update and a new PB

Here it is

post-1613-013201500 1296362841_thumb.jpg

130cm and 18kg caught in 30m of water over an offshore reef out of South coast NSW

Time on the water definitely pays off :)

Edited by MrGenius

My mate bought himself a downrigger for xmas and has been giving it a work out during his holidays. It was a slow start getting used to using it but we got a few baits taken and one rat on the first go out.

Since then he has been heading out every day possible and has done better each time, upping his PB to 95cm.

Then on Thursday just gone [27th] i get a picture message on my phone with the latest update and a new PB

Here it is

130cm and 18kg caught in 30m of water over an offshore reef out of South coast NSW

:1yikes: :1yikes: :1yikes: thats one cracking kingie

Then last week i get a picture message on my phone with the latest update and a new PB

Here it is

nice work mate:1yikes: cant wait to catch something of that size. went around the gong offshore yesterday and caught a few 60cm rats on 4lb bream rods. bloody awesome fighting fish on light gear.

dan