Hey Raiders I'm Back

Ray R

G'day Raiders, been a while since I've posted so here marks my return to fishraider land.

Went down to Hardy's Bay this arvo for a short session with my son Dean, he's been down in

the dumps a bit lately due to his shattered calcaneous (heel bone) he has a plate and 8

screws in his ankle now and it will take some time to mend.

Anyway he does like a fish as I do so we rigged up a few rods and spent arvo on the jetty.

Heaps of fun there as we caught a stack of fish and even though most were babies it was a

hoot. We caught a few flatties as well and a couple came home with us, we also burleyed

up a heap of yakkas for some strip baits and then the mullet came in, I was having a ball

catching these little fellas, I released them all but gee it was fun playing these feisty

little critters. Dean caught a nice bream amongst the juniors, then he had a go with my

plastic outfit and caught a small flounder and a semi decent pinky.

So that was our arvo, we caught a heap of fish, Deans face lit up a bit and he learnt a

few things too, he was amazed at what a loaf of bread can produce...

Enjoy the pics...

post-3371-021859500 1299569415_thumb.jpg

post-3371-033539800 1299569437_thumb.jpg

post-3371-053402200 1299569460_thumb.jpg

post-3371-054129300 1299569488_thumb.jpg

post-3371-006129100 1299569510_thumb.jpg

P.S, forgot to mention that this is the first time I used my very own personalised brag mat, hope to use it more in the future..

Hi Ray,

where did u order your customised brag mat? is it expensive to get a customised one?

Cheers Phil

Hey ray. I am pretty sure I walked straight past you at Avoca near the carpark a few weeks ago. Didnt know whether to say hi or not coz didnt want to make a fool of myself incase you thought i was weird or something.

G'day Ray,

Nice to see your mug on the boards again.

As always, you pull fish out of the water like you own them.

I'm sure Dean will heal real quick.

When he gets that cast off, he'll keep it off during the week, but come the weekend, he'll put it back on, put that puppy-dawg face on, just so as he can fish with his old man again and again......

Welcome back mate...just in time for the autumn run...

Hi Ray,

where did u order your customised brag mat? is it expensive to get a customised one?

Cheers Phil

My brother made that for me, still testing it to see if the colours run and or how the plastic holds up with saltwater use..