big harbour bream

tide'n'knots

gday raiders, ive been getting some nice bream recently in the harbour. It started on saturday night as a jew trip with my mate joe(non raider)and the wind was blowing quite stiffly with the current until the tide topped out and then we were fishing backwards with the tide running one way and the boat facing the opposite way in the wind we decided to try before going home at a favorite bream spot. Not exactly geared up for bream with our jew gear we managed 2 very good bream before going home - 1 was just on 40cm and the other 44cm! I finished work around 9pm on tuesday night and decided to have another go by myself for a couple of hours and managed 6 bream and a flathead and again another fish of 44cm. both of these fish are 1/2cm bigger than the fish that has me in fourth place in the records section! i took a photo with my wallet for fish of the month!

post-8689-001789200 1299683282_thumb.jpg

some guys kindly took a pic at the ramp for me on tuesday night

post-8689-089431700 1299683635_thumb.jpg

these are the fish from saturday night

post-8689-043058500 1299683695_thumb.jpg

tuesday nights catch after it was cleaned

post-8689-042896200 1299683147_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

Hi Pete,

Some nice bream there mate. When do you think the bigger Jew will turn up this year. Mate as soon as we get some rain I think MH will fire up a bit. Only little ones ATM. I am heading out in 30 mins for a shot at kings this morning.

Speak soon. Mike.

Solid bream you got there Pete.

If you got them out of structure, mate you did a good job.

There seems to be more big fish around at night than in the daylight hours.

Cheers,

Tony

BTW, I think I have esky envy now....

Edited by Keflapod

Hi Pete,

Some nice bream there mate. When do you think the bigger Jew will turn up this year. Mate as soon as we get some rain I think MH will fire up a bit. Only little ones ATM. I am heading out in 30 mins for a shot at kings this morning.

Speak soon. Mike.

gday mike - as usual april/ may should be the time for some better jew. im heading down to wisemans in april for 4 days so hopefully they will be firing when i get there!!

pete.

Nice fish pete.Looking forward to catching up with you at the social

Cheers Stephen {reggie the Rabbit}

gday stephen, looking forward to catching up with you and fiona,

I will try and organise a jew session with you when i see you at the social.

pete

gday raiders, ive been getting some nice bream recently in the harbour. It started on saturday night as a jew trip with my mate joe(non raider)and the wind was blowing quite stiffly with the current until the tide topped out and then we were fishing backwards with the tide running one way and the boat facing the opposite way in the wind we decided to try before going home at a favorite bream spot. Not exactly geared up for bream with our jew gear we managed 2 very good bream before going home - 1 was just on 40cm and the other 44cm! I finished work around 9pm on tuesday night and decided to have another go by myself for a couple of hours and managed 6 bream and a flathead and again another fish of 44cm. both of these fish are 1/2cm bigger than the fish that has me in fourth place in the records section! i took a photo with my wallet for fish of the month!

post-8689-001789200 1299683282_thumb.jpg

some guys kindly took a pic at the ramp for me on tuesday night

post-8689-089431700 1299683635_thumb.jpg

these are the fish from saturday night

post-8689-043058500 1299683695_thumb.jpg

tuesday nights catch after it was cleaned

post-8689-042896200 1299683147_thumb.jpg

Excellant table fish.

Good catch love catching them at that size,bit of a change from the jewfish

chris