fishing botany bay

robjob

Can anyone give me some good advise on where to fish in botany bay. I have taken the boat out a few times however I have had no luck. My guessis that it may have something to do with my fishing skills so any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Regards,

Rob

Hey robjob

You can start with the usual spots mate. There is Monuilex (kings & mixed bag) Point, Watts (kings & mixed bag) reef, Towra (bream,whiting flatties) Bare Island (mixed Bag)......... Just burley up where ever you are. I will leave the rest to you. If you dont know these locations, google it.

Cheers mate. I wish others answered my similar questions when i asked. Just because you may know a good spot, you still need the skill to catch them and it doesnt mean the fish are always on the bite.

Actually heading out to Browns rock for a bit of relaxation tomorrow morning. I was there last week and ended up catching 1 Bonito and 1 Australian Salmon. The other guys there ended up catching 3 bonitos, 1 salmon and a kingie. The kingie did look a little small so i asked him what he thought, i got a quick response that he was sure it was legal...not :thumbdown: . where are the fisheries department when you need them.

Keep in mind i only started going there 2 months ago and it took 6 attempts before i got it right.

One thing i did learn is that every spot has its techniques for catching, first 6 attempts at this place was trial and error and watching how others where fishing but patience paid off.