truly blessed

brickman

well raiders after a job got canceled for the week end i had to go fishing i was dirty as because i could have gone to jb with a fello raider fishing for marlin and fin

my mate neil and i headed out off sydney early this morning and headed north we went past the fad and with no dollys there we set the chart plotter for a mark that we had caught a marlin at a few months ago

picked up a few stripys on the way neil had brought his brand new saragosa 18000 and saltiga jigging rod and was keen to hook up something so we put a small skirt on it and trolled to the 450 feet mark

it was'nt looking good as the further we got out the temp slowly was dropping from 23.5 at the fad to 22 at our mark

with out draging the story out as soon as we got to our mark the egg beater goes off big time i cleared the spread just in time as a marlin exploded behind the boat i went to set neil up but he just shoved to rod into my hands and said no mate its you turn

we got the marlin to the boat 3 times but he wasnt spent and went deep i winged like a girl as all the line i had got back was peeled off again by now it had been close to an hour

we got him close again and could see he was wrapped up so i was trying to pull this fish in sideways bugger

he went deep again and after a nuther hour we had him boat side he was'nt in good shape we tryed swimming for a good 20 mins but he was stuffed and so was i

he was a lot heavyer than the last one but only a foot and a half longer a few firsts for me first marlin for me on our boat and first on a egg beater also my first stripe

cheers a very sore all over but grinning gary

post-6655-061761800 1302338108_thumb.jpg

post-6655-092058900 1302338134_thumb.jpg

oh look at that grin

,love it, well done mate,your hooked now well and truly,your well into the downward spiral of fast fish addiction,you know ,when you looking at catalogs with lure skirt colours for hours on end,and you buy lures just incase even though you already have 6 lumos

lol

seriously awesome buddy

cheers

well raiders after a job got canceled for the week end i had to go fishing i was dirty as because i could have gone to jb with a fello raider fishing for marlin and fin

my mate neil and i headed out off sydney early this morning and headed north we went past the fad and with no dollys there we set the chart plotter for a mark that we had caught a marlin at a few months ago

picked up a few stripys on the way neil had brought his brand new saragosa 18000 and saltiga jigging rod and was keen to hook up something so we put a small skirt on it and trolled to the 450 feet mark

it was'nt looking good as the further we got out the temp slowly was dropping from 23.5 at the fad to 22 at our mark

with out draging the story out as soon as we got to our mark the egg beater goes off big time i cleared the spread just in time as a marlin exploded behind the boat i went to set neil up but he just shoved to rod into my hands and said no mate its you turn

we got the marlin to the boat 3 times but he wasnt spent and went deep i winged like a girl as all the line i had got back was peeled off again by now it had been close to an hour

we got him close again and could see he was wrapped up so i was trying to pull this fish in sideways bugger

he went deep again and after a nuther hour we had him boat side he was'nt in good shape we tryed swimming for a good 20 mins but he was stuffed and so was i

he was a lot heavyer than the last one but only a foot and a half longer a few firsts for me first marlin for me on our boat and first on a egg beater also my first stripe

cheers a very sore all over but grinning gary

Awsome trip ,top effort on fighting the fish on an egg beater.Plenty of tasty steaks there guys :beersmile:

chris

Nice work Gary :thumbup: much better than those turds the Port Jacksons that we struck off Lion Island that day ay :074:

Still the take home jew made the trip worthwhile

Keep up the good work mate we must have another jew session on the Hawkesbury one day.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

im not hooked no way although i did spend 8 hours rigging up 26 lures i bought off a fellow raider but i'm not hooked

but i did spend $150.00 on leader and crimps and owna hooks and a new tackle box where can i get some storage for the big skirts i better check on the net but im not hooked

but i have been laying awake at night thinking about lure spreads and teasers bugger i think i may have a problem

i wonder if i run 4 lures the same colour will it look like a school of fish ok i think im hooked :1yikes:

byron good to see you back on line mate the site would not be the same with out you

fezza i slept for 14 hours and my arm was sore for two days and i'm still grinning

cheers gary

Very nice Brickman. Bet it was good on the chew as well.

Love your DENIAL mate on the "not being Hooked". LOL

I really enjoy the Deep Blue. Since i have been doing it lately i have really neglected my other love "Middle Harbour"

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...