jew session

nickm469

hi guys went fishing on tuesday at my fav wharf on the river on tuesday after some decent sized jew. got there around 10:30 fishing with some circle hooks for the first time hearing you dont have to strike to hook up. got a couple of yellow tail which were sent out and destroyed by bream in a matter of seconds managed to pull in a few just under 30cm, really fat on 7/0 circle hooks. better than reeling in just the head of your abused bait. around 2 in the morning started to get some better knocks on my rod. been catching a lot of small jew the last 4 weeks around 50-60cm, none of which made a run, I had to manually hook them by feeling them pull your bait gently and countering with a hard strike. so being fed up with having my last 2 yellow tail stolen, decided to use the same approach with a bait donated to me by another bloke on the wharf( thanks heaps). sitting in front of my rod i saw a little bend so picked up the rod and waited for that longer, harder pull. soon as i felt that pull, i pulled the rod up slowly and made the hook up as i was using circle hooks. first 10 seconds i thought i had hooked another bream but then it realised it was hooked and actually made a couple of runs. after a little tussle managed to pull in a 70cm jew.

post-11578-092789300 1302874824_thumb.jpg

finished the night off 5 bream and 1 jew.

post-11578-035545700 1302874858_thumb.jpg

Anyone know why the jew are so timid at this time of year or is it just me? usually the rod buckles over and all hell breaks loose even on the smaller models. thanks

Edited by nick_m84

hi guys went fishing on tuesday at my fav wharf on the river on tuesday after some decent sized jew. got there around 10:30 fishing with some circle hooks for the first time hearing you dont have to strike to hook up. got a couple of yellow tail which were sent out and destroyed by bream in a matter of seconds managed to pull in a few just under 30cm, really fat on 7/0 circle hooks. better than reeling in just the head of your abused bait. around 2 in the morning started to get some better knocks on my rod. been catching a lot of small jew the last 4 weeks around 50-60cm, none of which made a run, I had to manually hook them by feeling them pull your bait gently and countering with a hard strike. so being fed up with having my last 2 yellow tail stolen, decided to use the same approach with a bait donated to me by another bloke on the wharf( thanks heaps). sitting in front of my rod i saw a little bend so picked up the rod and waited for that longer, harder pull. soon as i felt that pull, i pulled the rod up slowly and made the hook up as i was using circle hooks. first 10 seconds i thought i had hooked another bream but then it realised it was hooked and actually made a couple of runs. after a little tussle managed to pull in a 70cm jew.

post-11578-092789300 1302874824_thumb.jpg

finished the night off 5 bream and 1 jew.

post-11578-035545700 1302874858_thumb.jpg

Anyone know why the jew are so timid at this time of year or is it just me? usually the rod buckles over and all hell breaks loose even on the smaller models. thanks

nice its been a while a havent been ther cheers bangus