narrabeen beach 24/4/11

captainpete

hi all i fished the beach sunday for a mixed bag no weed small swell and no rain, caught whiting bream skip jack taylor and a 42 cm ludrick caught on the beach not rocks it was a good way to christen my new pfueger torsion 50 reel on my ight gary howard rod unforchantly i snaped my 30 year old wilson rod not on a fish but when casting but had a great day. not many surfers or people swimming. happy fishing all peter

here are some pics

post-15757-017869400 1303690349_thumb.jpg

post-15757-036659200 1303690333_thumb.jpg

post-15757-011539800 1303690295_thumb.jpg

post-15757-098954000 1303690268_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hodgey

hi all i fished the beach sunday for a mixed bag no weed small swell and no rain, caught whiting bream skip jack taylor and a 42 cm ludrick caught on the beach not rocks it was a good way to christen my new pfueger torsion 50 reel on my ight gary howard rod unforchantly i snaped my 30 year old wilson rod not on a fish but when casting but had a great day. not many surfers or people swimming. happy fishing all peter

what bait did you get the luderick on. Got one on a nipper up in Coffs Creek about a month ago

looks like a nice beach session and a fine mix of fish.

I reckon its been three years since my last beach sesh.

hi groper i only just started to get back to beach fishing after about 15 years. been coming home each time with a good feed. also a lot cheaper then taking the boat out

Good catch Pete.What line class sinker weight and hook size were you using for this session.Cheers Steve

hi steve i use 12 pound line my favorite hooks are the gamakatsu worm size 6.as for sinkers im always changing size as i fish as light as the current allows cheers peter.also they were caught between 10am and 2pm

That is a very good result off the beach.

When fishing with pilchard on the Mona vale beach yesterday, I spotted a big fish cruising along the edge of the close gutter. I casted to it but it showed no interest. That fish looked very much like a blackie as well. I was not sure at that time as I never knew what a blackie would be cruising the sandy beach for. Now I can confirm it was a black fish and appeared the blackie was after worms.

Charles

Edited by ABCfisho

here are some pics

post-15757-017869400 1303690349_thumb.jpg

post-15757-036659200 1303690333_thumb.jpg

post-15757-011539800 1303690295_thumb.jpg

post-15757-098954000 1303690268_thumb.jpg

Excellent feed mate.

Cheers,

Spizza

Great work Pete, awesome feed from the suds :thumbup:

Love fishing the beaches might head out later this week me thinks, got the itch yet again!

Tight lines

Anthony

:D

sand flies will do that.......Jim......

hi groper i only just started to get back to beach fishing after about 15 years. been coming home each time with a good feed. also a lot cheaper then taking the boat out

shait your not wrong, costs a fortune to have a boat.