back to wisemans for a day trip!

tide'n'knots

Hi raiders, I fished wisemans ferry again yesterday with my mate joe and we had great expectations of catching a jew or 2 but unfortunately the jew were very conspicuous by there abscence! All in all we ended up having a pretty good day managing 16 bream and 2 flathead. For once I outfished joe catching 12 bream and 1 flathead to his 4 bream and 1 flathead however the fish of the day definately went to him with a very nice 68cm flathead :1yikes: We only managed 1 small jew and I feel that could have been because of the surprisingly very good water clarity. We decided a day trip was the way to go because the catfish have been a nightmare once darkness falls however the very first thing we both noticed when we arrived was how clean the water was, considering the condition it was in over easter and the fact that we have had a fair bit more rain since, we both expected the water to be a bit like chocolate which usually entices the jew to bite more actively during the daylight hours at our spot. I think a night time session definately would have been more successful for jew as I dont think we would have been harassed by catfish as much in the clean water.

We didnt end up with the jew that we had hoped for but 18 fish is still a very successful trip amd we had a lot of fun catching them. The bite was hot all day long and we threw back lots of undersized bream and half a dozen or so small flathead and we went through 2kg of prawns!!!

pete.

joes 68cm flathead

post-8689-092534800 1304138443_thumb.jpg

the entire catch

post-8689-020055500 1304138428_thumb.jpg

post-8689-056958300 1304138350_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

Hiya Pete!

Well done, sounds like you guys had a ball

Your right about water clarity..... WTF should have been like a chocolate fountain, like everywhere else.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris

you can actually see the water in the photo of joes flathead - unbelievably clean!

Well done Pete,

your right about the clarity and had a great session and that flattie is a beaut,

Might have to start peeling my prawns also I honestly did not realize how much this can make a difference as In the past

Ive fished my boat and would only use un-peeled and Johnny doi would use peeled and would always out-fish me,

Hopefully we can get out there again soon Pete and did you install the sounder yet???

Regards,

Nathan