what's the swell like outside ?

novice

Hi All,

as the topic description states, we're heading out on a charter tomorrow afternoon.

I've been hearing all week, that the beaches are being pounded with big waves, so what's it like outside ???

The boat we're going on (55ft) usually stays/drifts around 2kms off north head (obviously depending on winds and current).

Cheers,

Taps.

Direct from the BOM website.

Forecast for Friday until midnight

Winds: South to southwesterly 20 to 25 knots decreasing to 15 to 20 knots around midday. Seas: 1.5 to 2 metres. Swell: Southerly 2 to 3 metres. Large swells breaking dangerously close inshore.

Forecast for Saturday

Winds: South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots decreasing to 10 to 15 knots around dawn then tending west to southwesterly up to 10 knots around midday. Winds tending west to northwesterly up to 10 knots later in the evening. Seas: Up to 1.5 metres decreasing to below 1 metre by early evening. Swell: Southerly about 2 metres.

Forecast for Sunday

Winds: West to northwesterly 5 to 15 knots becoming westerly 15 to 20 knots during the morning then tending west to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon. Seas: Below 1 metre increasing up to 1.5 metres during the morning. Swell: Southeasterly 1.5 metres.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EST Friday.

Guest Aussie007

thanks fellas.

should be a good day out then.

should be a good day? in 1.5m southerly swell and with those winds? good luck with it :wacko::074:

I recently contacted NSW Maritime about some involvement on fishraider. There are a few things in the pipeline that will help our members.

I am signed up to the Maritime Alerts - this is a trial

NSW Maritime Alert Trial

NSW Maritime has launched a Maritime Alert system to help boat owners and rock fishermen in their preparations and planning.

This service allows you to choose the area of interest along the coast, or in Alpine areas, and to choose how often the alert is sent to you and most importantly, what wind threshold you believe is important to you. In this way, you can customize the alert to be of most use to you. But remember, this service does not replace the official forecast and Maritime strongly recommends all skippers keep a close eye on the official weather.

The Maritime Alert is based on official weather data and is delivered free.

Go here to SIGN UP FOR ALERTS

Fishraider is also on the email list for all Media Releases - I will of course post these up as I get them. I will receive any Marine Notices ie: navigation warnings etc

I have asked for feeds directly into fishraider and a few other things that they are going to work with us on. They are very happy to work with fishraider (see below)

"The more people connected and collaborating in the promotion of safe and responsible boating, the better.

Good to have you on board".

Check out the live WEB CAMS here