Parra River Landbased

Sammy

With the Mrs and kids off to a dancing concert last Friday night, I was given the nod to stay home as there were 'mostly mums going' :biggrin2: Happy Days! Stocked with a fresh supply of Bloodworms I went down to a spot I used to fish before I got the boat, just around Abbotsford Wharf.

Although it was getting a little nippy the weather overall was good with no wind at all. Here's the catch in just over 2 hours of fishing, seeing my second biggest Whiting come in at 44cm to say I was stoked would be an understatement..I could hardly lift him up over the ledge ps I was using 8lb mono :thumbup:

post-1300-094108100 1306807176_thumb.jpg

With the Mrs and kids off to a dancing concert last Friday night, I was given the nod to stay home as there were 'mostly mums going' :biggrin2: Happy Days! Stocked with a fresh supply of Bloodworms I went down to a spot I used to fish before I got the boat, just around Abbotsford Wharf.

Although it was getting a little nippy the weather overall was good with no wind at all. Here's the catch in just over 2 hours of fishing, seeing my second biggest Whiting come in at 44cm to say I was stoked would be an understatement..I could hardly lift him up over the ledge ps I was using 8lb mono :thumbup:

post-1300-094108100 1306807176_thumb.jpg

Very nice catch,you can,t go wrong fishing abbotsford wharf it seems as alot of people fish there.

chris.

Para river is ok to eat. Just don't eat too much. But if you're paranoid then try not to eat fish that takes ages to grow or bottom feeders like big bream. I know guys that doesn't eat fish west of harbour bridge. Yet they smoke a pack a day.

Edited by Snag-King

that is a great catch in any ones books this time of the year, as for eating fish west of the Bridge ... what a load of gas , at some stage all fish have to cross the bridge and head towards the heads right???... what? do they clock off and get a clean bill of health if they move on the east side of the Bridge? what if the same bream that spend 3 months up the parra river gets caught outside the heads by an innocent pro and end up on Sydney fish markets , do they have some way of knowing where it came from so that they can reject it? what about the unsuspecting poor old lady that buys it and feeds her grand daughter with it ? think about it. and limit your consumption

Great bag of fish mate & congrats on the pb.the parra is fishn pretty good atm for a few species.i also fishd friday nite for jew with livies but ended up with a 65cm jew on plastic.got damn cold aftr midnite though. Cheers johnny