Long weekend

Hodgey

G'day all

Well, if you can't find your family and friends this weekend, and they own a boat, then there's a good chance they're on our lake! :1prop: Last weekend I would have been lucky to see 12 boats all weekend, but today they were everywhere. From Riviera Cruisers to Hobies, lone fishos to overloaded tinnies, we had it all. There were some VERY nice hornets/trophies amongst them as well.

We had a reasonable day on the water, although the constant buzz of traffic was trying on both nerves and fish numbers. I bumped into a couple of locals on the water, including my nephew Mark. {Tuross Brown} Mark had a good morning, but unfortunately dropped a couple of big fish as well. We managed a couple of very nice mid-50's fish for a feed for Dene and his wife, and released a few that were 40cms or smaller. This little lady was the best fish of the day and was released after a happy snap:

post-3198-047973800 1307764610_thumb.jpg

The cooler water is making them fairly timid, which leads to a lot more fish being dropped. :mad3: Tomorrow sees me cooking a BBQ for the local Fair, but weather permitting, I hope to hit the water for another session on Monday. I hope you all have a great long weekend and get into your fair share of fish. Stay safe on our roads and waterways folks!

Cheers

Hodgey

Intersting to hear that there are plenty of boats there Hodgey. Weather must be accomodating? I just came back from a quick shore session on the Shoalhaven and there are bugger all boats around. The wind was up around 15 - 20 knots though with the occassional sprinkling :frozen: . Catching anything in that sort of traffic is always going to be difficult, so well done on getting a couple.

Cheers,

Cam

Plenty of boats on the water and the cool water temps makes that an even better result for you and Dene. Great work guys! :thumbup:

Good luck fishing Monday and don't eat too many of those sausages you're cooking tomorrow at the BBQ!

Cheers

Peter

NOT FAIR!! The first time I wanted to hit the water in WEEKS ...... and it has been PERSISSING DOWN with RAIN all day!! And COLD as Hell too! ranting2.gif

Ah well - just hope for a nice day soon, to head out! Well done on your nice flattie, Ian! Very good of you to donate your time at the fair, running the BBQ too! Hope the weather stays fine for you!

Yep - definitely take care on the roads, specially if wet, Raiders!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Couldn't even watch Paul's marlin on Fishing Australia cos it isn't shown here!! 1badmood.gif Didn't stick my head outside all day - going thru all our junk in the house for a 'clean out' ! Thank God, it wasn't in the garage!! wacko.gif

Intersting to hear that there are plenty of boats there Hodgey. Weather must be accomodating?

Cheers,

Cam

G'day Cam

Aside from an occasional sprinkle of rain, most of the weekend was pretty fishable (in the estuary at least anyway).

Had another look around the river system today for a couple of hours with Mark and his Uncle George. A couple of bream and tailor,a few undersized flatties and one keeper 50+ cm for George. At the boat ramp on the way home we bumped into Raider 'Stuball'. Great to meet you mate. Hope you managed to negotiate your way up into the lake! Another long weekend over and it's back to work tomorrow. :wacko:

Cheers

Hodgey

G'day all

Well, if you can't find your family and friends this weekend, and they own a boat, then there's a good chance they're on our lake! :1prop: Last weekend I would have been lucky to see 12 boats all weekend, but today they were everywhere. From Riviera Cruisers to Hobies, lone fishos to overloaded tinnies, we had it all. There were some VERY nice hornets/trophies amongst them as well.

We had a reasonable day on the water, although the constant buzz of traffic was trying on both nerves and fish numbers. I bumped into a couple of locals on the water, including my nephew Mark. {Tuross Brown} Mark had a good morning, but unfortunately dropped a couple of big fish as well. We managed a couple of very nice mid-50's fish for a feed for Dene and his wife, and released a few that were 40cms or smaller. This little lady was the best fish of the day and was released after a happy snap:

post-3198-047973800 1307764610_thumb.jpg

The cooler water is making them fairly timid, which leads to a lot more fish being dropped. :mad3: Tomorrow sees me cooking a BBQ for the local Fair, but weather permitting, I hope to hit the water for another session on Monday. I hope you all have a great long weekend and get into your fair share of fish. Stay safe on our roads and waterways folks!

Cheers

Hodgey

Nice fish Hodgey! I really struggled on Sunday, couldn't find a sheltered spot to save ourselves let alone the fish. What you done with them all? I reckon you must be the pied piper of Tuross, hiding them all in a secret spot !!

Cheers Nick.