Sydney Wide 25th and 26th June...

Crusher

We'll be out there Sunday (with the Rod Grabber and Matt) and Monday (with the successful Yellowfin team from 2008).

Who else is going and are there any recent reports?

Bruce.

Edited by Crusher

We'll be out there Sunday (with the Rod Grabber and Matt) and Monday (with the successful Yellowfin team from 2008).

Who else is going and are there any recent reports?

Bruce.

We might be out on saturday. The weather has been very poor but a few albacore were caugth and heard of a couple of lost fin last weekend

I will be going there on Sat. call me 0402963747 . We can go side by side if you do not mind.

It will be good if we can exchange the reports when there. and it will be good to meet someone.

Thanks

Bigking

Was planning to, but my mate pulled the pin. Other committments. Devastated.

Anyone looking for a deck hand?

Sorry mate I forgot about you as we were short a deck hand Sunday but got one now. We are heading browns and behind. Troll, bottom bash with an electric and cube. We been doing ok out there and a big fin is close. Next time for sure I will intro you to 2 of my offshore mates. Good crew and setups. Stay in touch. We go every second weekend with the odd weekday.

Mike. Do you still have my number?

Hi Mike,

Good to hear that you're getting out.

Nothing like it! I prefer off shore much more these days .. no surprises lefft inside, and given up looking for a big Jewy. Although, got a nice 4kg in front of Clontarf a few weeks ago, which is my PB.

I sent you a PM. Yes, still got your number.

Bring on those yellow missiles.

Brett

Hi All

I'm head out (few mile) with the family to try and spot a whale or two for the kids, was thinking I'd head out then run north to longy then head back. kill two bird with one stone if you know what I mean you think there's much point ??

Boarts fuelled up and gear laid out in the garage. Can't wait for tomorrow and Monday. Now for a few drinks with friends at the local.

Had the radio on in the boat just now. Seems there have been a few smaller fish taken this morning - but that was only from 20 mins listening to 21.

Bruce.

Fin are out there : Dashed out south of Browns trolling with my brother Dave Saturday 25th from 3.00pm to 4.30pm. Got a heap of stripies then at 4.00pm a quadruple hookup YFT. Dropped 2 on small rapalas and boated a 7kg & 8kg on skirted lures. Reluctantly headed home at 4.30pm to watch the sharks flog the titians. Good day

Saw plenty of 50kg+ models clearing the water completely, chasing what looked like small stripies (2kg-4kg)???.

Expecting a heap of reports of YFT 50kg+ reports from those boats cubing into the dark over the weekend.

BLACKMAIL

We got some Yellowfin today - 1 @ 5kg, 1 @ 28kg and 1 @ 30kg all on the troll and well south of where the main group of boats were at Browns.

Came home early as we are out again tomorrow - Monday.

Fish were coming on everywhere in the afternoon as we were heading in.

If you want YFT drop everything and get out there NOW while there are fish and fine weather.

Bruce.

Headed out this morning from the Hacking.

Got past Jibbon and at 8am it was blowing a good 15kn from the south (it was a gentle 5kn from the west in the Hacking). The sea was short and sharp.

Both boats turned back after 3 miles resolving to go again on Friday.

Should have stayed out later yesterday!

Bruce.

Edited by Crusher

Hi all,

A few more details and images of our successful trip last Sunday :thumbup: :thumbup: :yahoo: :yahoo: . We trolled from 8:40am and found birds and plenty of Stripies. At 1:30pm we got a double hookup of Yellowfin on the skirts we were trolling. Good teamwork by Matt and eldest son James saw us put both fish (28kg and 30kg)on the deck. As we were cleaning up a dumb Blue Shark of about 100kg came up and nosed around.

I threw it a pre-rigged bait which it took and then wouldn't swim far enough away from the boat to set the hook! It eventually ran 20m before swimming back to the boat. I fair dinkum could have caught it on 1kg if I had wanted to. I held it near the boat whilst we got a tag ready and after a couple of attempts got it in. We cut the wire and it happily swam away.

We continued trolling for more stripies and a 5kg Jelly Bean YFT.

All strikes were on skirts, the bibless minow wasn't touched all day.

Came in early as we were going out again on Monday, but the short high chop forced us back after a few miles :05: :05: .

Will be back out again Friday and Saturday and who knows maybe even Sunday.

Tight lines, Bruce.

P.S. If you are going out, take care.

post-13950-017187200 1309255736_thumb.jpg

post-13950-039017100 1309255746_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crusher

Great to see. I've been down the coast playing with SBT at Bermi but can't wait to get out here this weekend and strike it rich. The SBT have absolutely nothing on a yellowfin. Keep up the good work gents

Dan