Snapper

DTROJAN

Gday,

A mate and i had a quick sesh down bellambi this morning for a good bag of fish. We kicked off at about 7am and headed north and found the fish almost immediately, bagging 7 snapper in the first hour. Then things slowed a little but we didnt mind. Landed my first red on s.p's today which was a good monkey to remove from my back. This is the second saturday on the trot that we ended up wth a solid bag of quality fish and i hope its a sign of what the rest of the season will be like. Still didnt come accros any of the oversized reds we were looking for but they will turn up. Back at the ramp by 12pm. Final tally was 15 snapper, 2 mowies and 1 pigfish.

post-7386-080910800 1309585639_thumb.jpg

post-7386-080320800 1309585719_thumb.jpg

post-7386-005480600 1309585825_thumb.jpg

Good haul :thumbup:! No giants but some nice reds!

The biggest we are getting at the moment is only around the 50cm mark, but usually it isnt till around August that we start getting 60cm+ fish in good numbers and even later the trophy fish.

Hey mate, do you go as far north as stanwell park bridge and the humps??

I usually fish that area and get onto the snapper,,

I would like to know if anyone gets on to fish between bellambi boat ramp and stanwell park,, always wanted to fish this area but always end up at stanwell park and humps..

Cheers

Hey mate, do you go as far north as stanwell park bridge and the humps??

I usually fish that area and get onto the snapper,,

I would like to know if anyone gets on to fish between bellambi boat ramp and stanwell park,, always wanted to fish this area but always end up at stanwell park and humps..

Cheers

Gday, I usually do go as far as the bridge( sometimes further) but there are plenty of good grounds south of the bridge. I only visit the humps area occasionally as i prefer targeting fish in shallower water because i cant be bothered winding. (lazy)

Gday,

A mate and i had a quick sesh down bellambi this morning for a good bag of fish. We kicked off at about 7am and headed north and found the fish almost immediately, bagging 7 snapper in the first hour. Then things slowed a little but we didnt mind. Landed my first red on s.p's today which was a good monkey to remove from my back. This is the second saturday on the trot that we ended up wth a solid bag of quality fish and i hope its a sign of what the rest of the season will be like. Still didnt come accros any of the oversized reds we were looking for but they will turn up. Back at the ramp by 12pm. Final tally was 15 snapper, 2 mowies and 1 pigfish.

Excellant catch , nice feast of snapper :thumbup: .

looking forward to your next posts

chris.