Reds South Of Sydney

piratin

Went for snapper session after all the wild weather we have been having. Eary start as wanted to catch the seven change of tide. As soon as we arrived plenty of bait, and bird action so looked fishy. Water temp only 18 and water very green indeed.

As soon as we arrived the bite was happening and we quickly caught a couple of solid reds. The only problem being the barracoutta. They were everywhere and if you could get a bait down you had a very good chance of catching a quality red.We lost a lot of gear, however we managed fifteen reds and assorted reef species. The weather was fantastic and we had a great day. Nice bit of current on running down hill and we have found we need the current to do well.

We stopped to see if any flat head were around and tried south of the wreck in fifty metres of water and found plenty of good size fish.

So it looks good for the next few days and I hope everyone does well.

post-7298-069760300 1311936201_thumb.jpg

post-7298-024015000 1311936216_thumb.jpg

Went for snapper session after all the wild weather we have been having. Eary start as wanted to catch the seven change of tide. As soon as we arrived plenty of bait, and bird action so looked fishy. Water temp only 18 and water very green indeed.

As soon as we arrived the bite was happening and we quickly caught a couple of solid reds. The only problem being the barracoutta. They were everywhere and if you could get a bait down you had a very good chance of catching a quality red.We lost a lot of gear, however we managed fifteen reds and assorted reef species. The weather was fantastic and we had a great day. Nice bit of current on running down hill and we have found we need the current to do well.

We stopped to see if any flat head were around and tried south of the wreck in fifty metres of water and found plenty of good size fish.

So it looks good for the next few days and I hope everyone does well.

:1yikes::1yikes: Some quality reds , Good to see .

Would of been enjoyable pulling some of the larger fish aboard , well done and enjoy the great catch :beersmile:

Piratin are those jigs you used made by daiwa?

Chris.

Hi Pongrass

thank you , the jigs are similiar to the diawa ones, howevwer these are made by Shimano. They make two types the engetsu which look like little squid and the bottom ship which have a skirt attached. THey are different sizes however we are using the 90gram ones. These work great. I have ben purchasing them from a store called Plat in Japan, though I think Shimano are starting to import them into Australia so I think you will hear alot more about them in the next few months. Shimano New Zealand have been using them with great success.