Great variety of fish today

Ray R

G'day Raiders, I had a few hours to spare this arvo so I shot off around the rocks at Avoca for a fish.

The conditions were very calm and I had no bait apart from some bread, weed and gravelly sand .

I made up a berley mix with this and soon had some interest from our finned friends.

I caught a luderick on weed using my traditional blackie gear but that was it, so I started using my light outfit

using a mix of bread and weed.

Rig was just a no:1 suicide hook to a leader with a swivel for weight, very simple but it worked.

Ended up having a fun time with heaps of fish caught,one of the trevs was a good size and he really gave me a fight.

Apart from the fish pictured I caught 2 small pigs around 25-28cms another small bream and a few more small trevs

under the 30cm mark and one tiny blackfish..

So that was my arvo, glad I went as it was a beautiful day... :1fishing1::biggrin2:

post-3371-024982600 1312358501_thumb.jpg

post-3371-061498400 1312358531_thumb.jpg

post-3371-040300600 1312358555_thumb.jpg

post-3371-091598200 1312358647_thumb.jpg

nice catch , trevally caught of the rocks allways taste much better then trevally caught in the estuaries, how do you like your blackfish cooked Ray?

Mate I usually give the blackies to my elderly neighbour, he fillets and skins them , they shallow fry them with some herbs, I've had it and it is very nice..

Mate I usually give the blackies to my elderly neighbour, he fillets and skins them , they shallow fry them with some herbs, I've had it and it is very nice..

Thank you Ray, ever since i was a kid i admired the old timers that fished for nothing but Blackfish, and i allways thought that they had some real good recipe to cook them with.

G'day Raiders, I had a few hours to spare this arvo so I shot off around the rocks at Avoca for a fish.

The conditions were very calm and I had no bait apart from some bread, weed and gravelly sand .

I made up a berley mix with this and soon had some interest from our finned friends.

I caught a luderick on weed using my traditional blackie gear but that was it, so I started using my light outfit

using a mix of bread and weed.

Rig was just a no:1 suicide hook to a leader with a swivel for weight, very simple but it worked.

Ended up having a fun time with heaps of fish caught,one of the trevs was a good size and he really gave me a fight.

Apart from the fish pictured I caught 2 small pigs around 25-28cms another small bream and a few more small trevs

under the 30cm mark and one tiny blackfish..

So that was my arvo, glad I went as it was a beautiful day... :1fishing1::biggrin2:

post-3371-024982600 1312358501_thumb.jpg

post-3371-061498400 1312358531_thumb.jpg

well done ray r . will wait for bonito

post-3371-040300600 1312358555_thumb.jpg

post-3371-091598200 1312358647_thumb.jpg

nice catch Ray. Did you try spinning alittle for sambos or bonnie?

Yeah Danial, only a few casts when I saw a boil in front of me, got nothing and went back to fishing for the blackies and blertas..

Great session Ray! ! Nice looking fish & great spot, once again!! VERY Nice Pics, too! biggrin2.gif That is good of you to pass the blackies to your neighbour - best eating fish out there, i reckon! thumbup.gif

Cheers

Roberta