Kingie

nosquid

Heres a pic of the 67cm kingie caught on the weekend as per my last post.

PS! So does anyone recon that i am being too optimisticv in wanting to land a kingie on a bream rod that has been riged with 6 kg Breaking strain line? I would like to know as I really don't wan't to keep loosing fish after fish.

Cheers

Squid_jig

post-5022-077720500 1314747701_thumb.jpg

Good on You Nice 1st Kingie!!!

I caught mine on 30lb mono and it was hard for me as I did not know how they fight, It kind of caught me off guard.

I have heard of people catching them on light gear even seen them caught on handfishing lines so anything is possible I guess in the right circumstances.

good luck and keep up the good work,

Regards,

Nathan

Ive landed legal kings with as low as 4lb line. It does take a while and you have to play the fish carefully, but with a lot of luck and patience, it can be done. You just have to pray that it doest run towards structure or reef.

Nice work mate, great 1st king, hope you had a nice feed with it,

Couldnt tell from your pic but i like to bleed kings asap,you end up with nicer flesh i reckon , other raiders may agree/disagree

Cant wait to hear about your next one

Morgs

Heres a pic of the 67cm kingie caught on the weekend as per my last post.

PS! So does anyone recon that i am being too optimisticv in wanting to land a kingie on a bream rod that has been riged with 6 kg Breaking strain line? I would like to know as I really don't wan't to keep loosing fish after fish.

Cheers

Squid_jig

Nice king there mate. which system did you get it in??? And yes my first king fell to a 2 inch berkley worm plastic, 4lb fireline, 8 lb flouro leader, diawa sol 2500 and shimano t curve 2-5kg rod. long fight and was in the middle of botany bay on the boat so snagless water. it was only 63cm though....depending on the rating of your bream rod id say yes with 6kg line. however i guess if your reel is not of a half decent quality you might find that after a few big fights you may need to replace it

hope this helps and hope to reciprocate you legal king catch very soon

keep up the good work

mick

Hi Mate,

My 2 cents worth....

I have landed kingies on 8lb Braid with 8lb leader. Takes a while, but can be done.

I have also experinced quite a few bust offs aswell. This includes 8lb, 30lb & 50lb main lines.

I would suggest if you're targetting Kingies, go with atleast 20lb main line and 30lb leaders.

Regards,

Nice king mate :)

Just noob quick question with 2-4kg rod if you hook up king. Would the rod snap if you pull up 65-80cm king off the boat? Given with small reels, you will just have 200m max line? I have caught 60cm+ bonnies off wharf on 6lb line with 2-4kg rod and no problem fighting them as they just run left and right :D