Overseas visitor gets a taste of our blackfish

What a great day today :yahoo: not only was I with my good mate Reggie Rabbit gettting stuck into the blackfish,we also met a top bloke from Poland called Adam who is a Chef and he came down to watch us poling the blackfish and he was very inquisitive about our gear and bait and so we showed Adam exactly how it was done first hand. I decided to let Adam try my gear first so he could get the gist of it all so on a particular drift I handed him my rod and let Adam try his luck.The drift was prefect and he was going well and whoossh the float dissapears and old swordie just yells out " STRIKE" and boy Adam didnt need any further encouragement..the strike was so hard on hooking up that he snapped my 20 lb mainline :074: :074: :074: and the float came out of the water like a missile with Stevie and myself ducking for cover.The day was perfect from start to finish with us bagging out on the dark fish and throwing plenty back and even Adam caught a few on his own gear and kissed them Rex Hunt style and sent them back in.

The weather was great finally with only the early morning crappy sou wester dampening our spirits but after a few hours the wind died off and the sun came out and so did the fish :thumbup:

post-256-034396300 1315382531_thumb.jpg

post-256-095561900 1315382537_thumb.jpg

post-256-032801400 1315382541_thumb.jpg

post-256-056710800 1315382544_thumb.jpg

post-256-008995200 1315382548_thumb.jpg

Mr Pelican came along to check our bag out as well and that is the first time I have seen a pelican anywhere around here.

post-256-071331600 1315382553_thumb.jpg

post-256-035329800 1315382558_thumb.jpg

There was some serious surface action going on for most of the day as well and next time I might take a spin stick with me.

Thanks for a top day out Steve and I hope you didnt spend all night cleaning the fish :tease: Donna said under no circumstances was I to bring home any type of fish as I always stink.

Great to meet you as well Adam and look forward to your company again really soon.

post-256-085921400 1315382527_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Congrats on another top session, like a never ending supply weed eaters, do these ones you get from the harbour chew on the stringy stuff or cabbage.

Good onya chaps.. :thumbup:

The stringy stuff is the go atm and from what I saw in your last post Ray you have an abundent supply and I wouldnt mind making the trip up that way for a fish with you and bring home some of that luscious weed.

We will make a date soon to try your ledge and maybe come down and try ours as well.

Cheers Stewy

Well done!!!

I went to my local ledge yesterday and got 1 again just 1!!!!

I need to know where you are fishing.

I have a spot in the harbour but haven't been there for a while.

Are you finding the fish coming on running up to the high tide or is it not mattering?

If you need company one day I would be more than happy to tag along and learn a thing or 2.

Cheers

Cobba

Well done!!!

I went to my local ledge yesterday and got 1 again just 1!!!!

I need to know where you are fishing.

I have a spot in the harbour but haven't been there for a while.

Are you finding the fish coming on running up to the high tide or is it not mattering?

If you need company one day I would be more than happy to tag along and learn a thing or 2.

Cheers

Cobba

Check your PMs Cobba

Sorry about the late posting i have just finished cleaning the fish :thumbup: I had a great day as always with Stewy but it was a bit rude when you invite a mate to a fish cleaning party and get told to *#%& off nice friend.Fiona told me not to wear my clothes into the house she said i stank i could not smell a thing.Stewy next time you tell some body to strike first let me put my safety gear on.Great day thanks again my next posting will be from the US fly out on sunday cant wait to see the BassPro shop in vegas.Cheers Stephen (Reggie the Rabbit)

Sorry about the late posting i have just finished cleaning the fish :thumbup: I had a great day as always with Stewy but it was a bit rude when you invite a mate to a fish cleaning party and get told to *#%& off nice friend.Fiona told me not to wear my clothes into the house she said i stank i could not smell a thing.Stewy next time you tell some body to strike first let me put my safety gear on.Great day thanks again my next posting will be from the US fly out on sunday cant wait to see the BassPro shop in vegas.Cheers Stephen (Reggie the Rabbit)

Yes you stank - I was in the car remember :biggrin2:

I have had enough of fish cleaning parties :mad3:

Thank you guys for grate lessons and grate day :) I cot few more later, dinner was yuuuummmyyy!!!! I cant wait to go for a fishing with you guys again, you are grate teachers :)

:1welcomeani: to the site Adam and I am so glad you caught a few more. I knew you were a natural as soon as you took the rod from me :thumbup:

Cya real soon.

Cheers Stewy

NIce one Stewy!

Went down tuesday arvo to the local and caught a few but struggled to get a down for 20mins each time we let one go. :ranting2:

Might have to keeper net them till the end of the session NEXT time....

Gars have moved back in the river now, scored a nice bag of 20 after the blackfish session before the sun went down, great way to finish the day off! :thumbup:

Greg

Lol @ Adams strike busting the leader

" this is how ve do it in Poland "

It was more my shitty way of explaining things and getting all caught up in the moment as I love to see newbies catching fish.

Cheers Stewy

It was more my shitty way of explaining things and getting all caught up in the moment as I love to see newbies catching fish.

Cheers Stewy

Sounds like a very nice day. Nice catch!

If you like to set up an international beginner team just let me know, I take the German spot.

I would love to learn how to catch fish and I'm sure I can the missile trick as well :-)

Cheers

JR

MY GUESS FIVE DOCK BAY.............

GOOD GUESS :biggrin2: and most of the spots in the lower harbour have blackfish right now,just find a place where the weed is growing on the rocks and the blackfish will be there.

GOOD GUESS :biggrin2: and most of the spots in the lower harbour have blackfish right now,just find a place where the weed is growing on the rocks and the blackfish will be there.

Did i win a prize for getting it right.......a homemade harbour float would be nice. cheers

Did i win a prize for getting it right.......a homemade harbour float would be nice. cheers

Hey Alberto if you can score one of those floats I "woodnt" mind one either :tease:

Cheers Stewy