feels like summer again

nickm469

Hi guys decided to fish tuesday night, not expecting much, armed with re-frozen pilles and two fresh frozen squid caught about 3 days ago hit the parra river. Upon arrival, spot was empty. Sweet as! Bream a plenty. Nearly every cast produced a legal sized bream, pillie cubes, fillets, heads and guts. You name it, they ate it. After the last ferry, cast in my first squid strip. Got nailed within 10 minutes. First jew in the bag 65cm. 2nd squid strip out and got a run almost within the same time frame. slightly smaller 57cm. Hopeful they would be still around cast in again. Heaps of small half hearted runs but no hook ups. about 30 mins later rod bends over but no run. Picked up the rod and struck felt heaps of weight, with very little fight. Pulled up to see a massive clump of seaweed and an a 43cm bream attached to it somehow. Out of squid and couldn't tempt any livies, so just fished for bream the rest of the night for fun. Ran out of bait left em biting at least another 15-20 legal bream released. Fished from around 10:30 - 2:30.

post-11578-013949800 1315391155_thumb.jpg

post-11578-099143700 1315391180_thumb.jpg

Great catch there.... just wondering you going to eat the fish you caught from parra river?

Hey mate yeah i do eat the fish from Parra river. I fish there most of the time and do bring them home for consumption. I dont eat fish every day nor every week and even when we do, a fish or 2 is split between 4 - 6 of us.

Anyway I dont belive the dioxins are confined to just the river. Dioxins get passed on through bioaccumulation, i.e up the food chain, means eventually the dioxins will end up in fish outside the river systems too. I dont believe the fish on the other side of the harbour bridge are any cleaner or safer to eat, bait fish are gonna cross that magical bridge barrier and get eaten by something, and that something will accumulate the dioxins that the bait fish was carrying. so on and so on. Guess its a personal decision at the end of the day, either way you eat fish from the harbour & adjoining waters your gonna end up with dioxins in your body which can lead to cancer, liver& kidney problems, reproductive problems etc etc. Personally I'm not too bothered, I smoke quite a fair bit, drink and am a huge fan of crap processed foods like pies and sausage rolls.

Please don't see this as me bagging you out for making that comment. Its a positive thing to warn people of the potential dangers, in the end i guess its up to them to make the right decision for themselves.

Edited by nick_m84

Hi guys decided to fish tuesday night, not expecting much, armed with re-frozen pilles and two fresh frozen squid caught about 3 days ago hit the parra river. Upon arrival, spot was empty. Sweet as! Bream a plenty. Nearly every cast produced a legal sized bream, pillie cubes, fillets, heads and guts. You name it, they ate it. After the last ferry, cast in my first squid strip. Got nailed within 10 minutes. First jew in the bag 65cm. 2nd squid strip out and got a run almost within the same time frame. slightly smaller 57cm. Hopeful they would be still around cast in again. Heaps of small half hearted runs but no hook ups. about 30 mins later rod bends over but no run. Picked up the rod and struck felt heaps of weight, with very little fight. Pulled up to see a massive clump of seaweed and an a 43cm bream attached to it somehow. Out of squid and couldn't tempt any livies, so just fished for bream the rest of the night for fun. Ran out of bait left em biting at least another 15-20 legal bream released. Fished from around 10:30 - 2:30.

post-11578-013949800 1315391155_thumb.jpg

post-11578-099143700 1315391180_thumb.jpg

great work champ i was out on the river the same night were bouts were you fishing if you dont mind me asking

hey mate, just wondering where abouts did you get the jewies ive been fishing the river for a little bit now but no luck at all

Hi Craig

I Dont know for sure but I would say that it is Kissing Point wharf.I have met many a raider there.Also Cabarita wharf is the go also.I am happy to share spots as it gets the networking going.Some raiders are secretive that is their choice.Just make sure when you go there to fish with a few mates as the louts turn up and spoil it for everyone and let us know how you go.

STEVE

hey mate, just wondering where abouts did you get the jewies ive been fishing the river for a little bit now but no luck at all

Hi mate i normally fish kissing point, abbotsford and chiswick wharf. most places in the river will hold jews even in shallower water such as meadowbank or cabarita. Best baits from my experiences are fresh squid ( whole or stripped ) or yellowtail (live, or butterflied ). Dont give up man, took me a long time to land my first jew. Best advice is to watch those that constantly get jew and watch closely what they do i.e rigs and bait type mainly.

Top session there if only we could have sessions like that more often!!!! Seriously well done,

your not too far away from me I might have to join up with you one of these days.

Regards,

Nathan

cheers nathan, not a problem i only have time to fish on week day nights after 9 due to work,if thats cool. I'll pm you my number.

Hey mate yeah i do eat the fish from Parra river. I fish there most of the time and do bring them home for consumption. I dont eat fish every day nor every week and even when we do, a fish or 2 is split between 4 - 6 of us.

Anyway I dont belive the dioxins are confined to just the river. Dioxins get passed on through bioaccumulation, i.e up the food chain, means eventually the dioxins will end up in fish outside the river systems too. I dont believe the fish on the other side of the harbour bridge are any cleaner or safer to eat, bait fish are gonna cross that magical bridge barrier and get eaten by something, and that something will accumulate the dioxins that the bait fish was carrying. so on and so on. Guess its a personal decision at the end of the day, either way you eat fish from the harbour & adjoining waters your gonna end up with dioxins in your body which can lead to cancer, liver& kidney problems, reproductive problems etc etc. Personally I'm not too bothered, I smoke quite a fair bit, drink and am a huge fan of crap processed foods like pies and sausage rolls.

Please don't see this as me bagging you out for making that comment. Its a positive thing to warn people of the potential dangers, in the end i guess its up to them to make the right decision for themselves.