One dream, one rod... One lobster!

5ky

Hey raiders, not really the type of person the brag about their catch of the day. But this is different.

It's a rare experience that I want to share. Caught this massive lobster while chasing jewies in Sydney habour tonight

Will upload the pictures later as iPhone don't have option to upload pictures

update:

here is the lobster, now the only dilemma is how to cook it. going to try steaming it and see...

post-10096-065626700 1321357169_thumb.jpg

Edited by 5ky

woah dude, thats one large lobster!

you can make nice lobster mornay . just cut the whole lobster in half, take all meat out from the shells, make mornay sauce, recipe on google, gratinate with cheese, delicious, other half i would poach it with some saffron, salt pepper,

OMG!! awesome! i never knew theres lobstersi nthe harbour and that ones huge!!

time to put on the snorkelling gear i think lol.

Theres heaps of recipes for lobster on google mate try the one that you like the most.

Just make sure you cook it soon fresh is best!!

Well done again

Without wanting to be a killjoy and it is probably to late now anyway but according to NSW fisheries regulations you are not permitted to retain any rocklobsters caught whilst line fishing.

...nice lobster but!

Mal

Without wanting to be a killjoy and it is probably to late now anyway but according to NSW fisheries regulations you are not permitted to retain any rocklobsters caught whilst line fishing.

...nice lobster but!

I must agree on most rules and regulations by the fisheries, but I'm not too sure if I agreed to this one. How many of us fishos hooked up a lobster. I this that if there's any one can catch a lobster by a fishing line, they should be given a price. But then, it's only my thought.

Enjoy the lobster anyway. Well done.

Mal

Edited by gonfishing

haha thanks for the replie guys... i caught it on a yellow tail fillet when chasing jewies... I was checking my line, when reeling it in, it was so heavy.. i thought i either caught on seaweed or an octopus..... to my surpise when i got it near my feet, i couldn't believe it was a massive lobster lol

i already ate it.. cooked it with ginger and shallot...

it was YUMMY!!!!

Hey raiders, not really the type of person the brag about their catch of the day. But this is different.

It's a rare experience that I want to share. Caught this massive lobster while chasing jewies in Sydney habour tonight

Will upload the pictures later as iPhone don't have option to upload pictures

update:

here is the lobster, now the only dilemma is how to cook it. going to try steaming it and see...

What size is it? make sure it falls under the legal size and isn't too big