Nice Jewwie

ishhifay

Again thanks for all the kind words and support.

All I can say is i went on the boat on Wednesday. Fished from 8:30 pm til around 2:30am. No bites or runs. Fished with squid and live talor and threw some fresh strips out just incase.

Nothing around except for the cold wind and the boat swaying from side to side. However all in all still beats a great days work.

I know they are out there I "Can hear them callinggggg" just gotta keep trying.

Definatley in the parra river starting from Kissing point all the way up to Kirrabilli.

All the best :thumbup:

Danmistaa, gotta keep up with Greg mate.

We gotta hook up a king date me and you. Thursday morning or sunday morning. Just let me know couple days prior.

Look forward to it mate!! Hope your having a Xmas break from selling houses to the rich and the famous in the eastern suburbs??? :1prop: . But honestly mate was abit disappointed you werent at your father in laws birthday the other week with Mandy and the kids,,,,, has been wayyyyy wayyy tooo long since we have caught up! Might have to speak to Mandy, and get her on your back about a fishing trip chasing the kings again. Speaking of which still getting into a heap of them, mainly rats but some monsters that have just blownen us away.

Dan

PS can you PM me your mobile no again, when I upgraded to a IPHONE, damn thing, your number wasnt stored in the sim, rather my ole nokia that was rooted :1badmood:

Edited by Dan and Greg

Great catch mate and well deserved for the hours put in during tough conditions... :thumbup:

I'm looking to target some Jewies myself and everything I read indicates that you need to use lighter gear than a kingie outfit as they are a bit leader shy? I was thinking of dropping down to a 6 - 10kg rod and spooling up my 4000 reel with 30lb braid & 40 lb leader. Then using smaller hooks like a 3/0? Does anyone have an opinion on this? :wacko:

Cheers,

Andrew

Thats perfect mate

• 1 year later...

mate top effort and a cracker, good thinkin on keeping the rod holder calm especially if not use to catchin them , it pays to plan your moves even when you first get to a spot ,usually how am i gunna land a monster if i get the chance or in my instance off rocks where to escape rogue waves. we've caught heaps of jewies on our bream gear namely because thats what where after ,when the big sea bream are running ,2/0's med ball sinker half pillie many jewies have fell to it . And TERRIBLE weather hahaha nice thats what we like , rain ,hail or shine, had double hookups in absolute flood weather ,ya just never know with the big silver trophies. :biggrinthumb: