Nice Boat ?

bmar560

My brother works for a boat company and this is one of the latest boats that he built.

Here are the pictures of the boat:

boat2.JPG

boat3.JPG

boat4.JPG

boat5.JPG

LIke it ? Don't like it ?? Posts your opinions on this boat. I'm gonna give it a test drive soon :1naughty:

cheers,

Mario

here's 2 more pictures:

boat6.JPG

boat7.JPG

Edited by bmar560

No way are u gonna test that boat without me mate!!!! Red hot and bet it will fly!!!!

nice set out. At least i get to sit down this time on a proper seat. lets u fish the whole area of the boat. whats lacking is a couple more rod holders mate. We need to bring 10 rods each when we use this boat. The options are endless!!! Dollies here we come

regards

Darryl

You guys beat me to it; lovely looking rig BMar and love the colour scheme, but unless its going to the NT to do some serious miles on Big rivers then crikey the flat hull restricts use for a decent sized boat. Wanna be a flat day to go hunt dollies in it :1prop:

Said it before but will say it again; reckon there's gonna be a sh*tload of flatbottom/Hornet/pointy punts on the market soon :1prop: .

Why: Two reasons.

1:Ditch the tin for glass if you are serious about skinny water fishing. Tin just too noisy (few of the name fishing writers are already doing this)

2: Why restrict your fishing to flat water, cause you aint got no Vee in the hull, when (and its already happening) there's a whole new inshore world to explore with lures _ bombies, wash fishing, out to the FADS on a good day, snapper on plastics, islands like Port Stephens, follow the sambos out of the heads on the runout etc etc. You can still bream fish with the right V-hull and downturned chines combo but still get out into the inshore blue water!

Big sellers in Seppoland are what they call Bay boats; exactly the sorta thing that would go down a treat here cause they can fish both skinny water and places with some swell and chop. cheers Bombie

obviously the boat was designed on some sort of specifics? its more targeted for certain conditions.

on the hull shape theres no problems with taking that out to the fad on a good day, the hull will be a pretty hard run out as it will tend to try and run on the top and punch through things.

there is a pro boat out of broken bay that looks a little like that and i can say ive seen him coming through box head at a million miles and hour and all i could see was spray. the wheel house is right at the back of the boat and he just uses teh front to smash through everything in front of him

looks like its nice and thick too 4mm sides?

nice and beamy and stable at rest also.

apart from the hull the initial layout of the boat looks quite good.

nice big cockpit and the console has been done well, it even has a lockable glove box by the look of it.

good job so far, i even like the colour!

as bombora says glass is a softer ride when chasing fish out side the heads

but the technology of plate is getting better.

take the bar crusher boats for an example

they have a super deep v that performs really well outside but as u know with boating the deeper the v the more unstable at rest.

to stop this they have a water ballast system where by the boat has compartments that fill out with around 400 litres of water making it solid as a rock

as soon as u start moving the water fills out.

the rides are still harder on plate alloy but they dont have to be bone crunching

Edited by djmac

Big sellers in Seppoland are what they call Bay boats; exactly the sorta thing that would go down a treat here cause they can fish both skinny water and places with some swell and chop. cheers Bombie

53316[/snapback]

like these suckers, very slick!!

04_2300trailerlg.jpg

Chris

looks like its nice and thick too 4mm sides?

53335[/snapback]

From memory it's 5mm plate aluminium.

I do agree with the fibreglass giving a softer ride as my current boat is a glass boat. However my brother said that plate alloys (depending how the hull is shaped) is just as smooth as glass because of the weight factor, and definitely more durable than a glass boat.

With the ready made boat such as Quintrex, Stacer, Stessl, etc how thick are the aluminium that they use?

I'll see how it goes with the chops, and everything else when I give it a try.

cheers,

Mario

Edited by bmar560

Yup just like that one Lure!!!! Sweet thing.

By the by spotted my dream boat in one of the mags last week; 15 ft Boston Whaler centre console with 50 HP Honda and all the salad! Wanted 16K. Best of both worlds boat!!!! But was in Victoria.

PS Bmar hope I didn't appear too critical, was just shooting the breeze and some personal theories!!! Your bro's boat still a fine vessel!!!!! Cheers Bombie

PS Bmar hope I didn't appear too critical, was just shooting the breeze and some personal theories!!! Your bro's boat still a fine vessel!!!!! Cheers Bombie

53366[/snapback]

No worries Bombie it's all good. :biggrin2:

The reason I put the pictures up is to get critics and opinions.

cheers,

Mario

My thoughts exactly Pete, the hull shape actually reminds me of my tinny.

53290[/snapback]

They're right, that hull is for flat conditions

.did I just agree with Swoffa :wacko: ???

I guess I should revise that to "mild" conditions

Edited by clutch

The boat shown above looks very nice , but it is really just a knock off of a Hornet jassed up a bit, One comment above that aluminum lasts longer than glass is just not true, there are loads of old 30 year old Haines Hunters out there and still going fine, you would be hard pressed to find a tinney of any sort that is close to that record. Yes there is a move away from alloy boats to glass for skinney and close inshore fishing. I have a Stinger 580 Stinger Boats This is an ideal "Bay Boat" - I love it anyway !!! Good performance and a really great fit-out. Smithiepost-757-1119394775_thumb.jpg