TURF TO SURF

p o ylop

as we get older we try to find ways to make life a little easer , so I will try to convert this old golf buggy to carry the fishing gear to the beach, I would like to hear your ideas, even if you think it sounds a bit silly it maybe just what I am looking for.

turftosurf001.jpg

Paul

Edited by p o ylop

This is inspiring, but I don't live within walking distance. Nevertheless I could see it being great with a plywood floor, a old esky with bait board lid, 20 lt. bucket and PVC tube held with adjustable circlip? bands as rod holders.

Maybe with a small gel 12v battery and high mounted fluorescent light or LEDs if the wheels could cope with the weight on sand.

Painted camouflage, so I would not be embarrassed in daylight.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

put in a base for bucket/live bait /small 6/12V car/bike battery for pump/night light.......think about wheels/tyres to suit sand.......if to be used as a seat as well increase the area of the opposite side to wheels so you don't sink.....rod holders

If you can get any more of those wheels I'd consider adding another couple. One, to distribute the weight more for on the sand and two, so you don't have to tilt the whole rig to drag it along, which may predispose you to tipping your bait or gear out...

Edited by abecedarian

put in a base for bucket/live bait /small 6/12V car/bike battery for pump/night light.......think about wheels/tyres to suit sand.......if to be used as a seat as well increase the area of the opposite side to wheels so you don't sink.....rod holders

I was going to suggest a motorcycle battery if your only use low drain electrics like LED's and small pumps. Half the size of a car battery.

A set of 4 inflatable tyres off a couple of furniture trolleys would work too. Deflate them a little for the sand and they should work well. If you have stairs to contend with use the tri-wheel furniture trolley wheels. Give you 2 wheels on the sand and the rotating axle for stairs.

I'm picturing a large round live tank, with a smaller bucket stored inside for filling and bait, then attach some PVC tube for rod and net holders around the livie tank. A canvas bag hanging off handle end crossbar for loose tackle like pliers and knives, and a hard plastic tackle box under the seat.

Put the light in an telescopic pole with a swivel mount so you can light your way ahead when your pushing it.

Oh and rod holders under the seat pointing outwards, you could just roll up to your spot and your set!

All it needs is an engine and it will be better than my car!! :thumbup:

ok I am lucky enough that the welder at work will do some mods on the frame, like weld a light plate on the base and set the handle at a steeper angle.

the idea for a light is a good one, using led's will be able to use one of the small 7amp batters just need to give it some though to the best way to fit it all up.

I don't use live bait other than worms so I don't have to worry about that

I'm going to try and stick with the wheels that are on the cart as they are quite wide (3inches) and look strong

please keep the ideas coming

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...