Soft Plastics Rod

chriseels2010

I have about $100 to spend and an looking for a dedicated sp rod! It will be for estuary species, flatties, bream and whiting

I'll be fishing with a Sienna 2500 and 10pd braid but with a variety of pd leaders for different fish

I think the Trion is the way to go, most likely the SP702M 3-6kg

Question is can anyone vouch for this rod? is it nice and flickly but strong to handle big bream?

Trions are a nice rod.

3-6kg is way too heavy though for what you are chasing.

Start at a 6'6 to 7ft, 2-4kg as a maximum. It's a good all rounder for chasing many different species.

For more finesse fishing I would use a 1-3kg stick. I've landed Jew to 11kgs, bonnies & rat kings on a 1-3kg rod so don't worry about it's pulling power!

Cheers

Grant.

The Shakespeare Slingshot is a new one out for Pure Fishing, have had a play with these and for the cheap price, they're quite good. The Berkley Attack Combat series are also quite good and priced right.

There's a lot of cheap quality rods out there these days, find one you are comfortable using and stick with a 2-4kg or a 2-5kg rod.

shimano raider soft plastic is around 100 if you know where to look...

i really like the below.

actually casts 1g jigheads unlike others in shimano range of 100bucks

Description Product Code Length (m) Pieces Line Wt. (kg) Lure Wt. Blank Butt Assembly Guide

Raider SP- Bream 611 Spin RSP611SPL 2.08 1 2-4 1-9 Graphite SKELETON CORK SEA GUIDE

pm me if u want to know more :)

Edited by cjchen