This should bring a tear to any fishos eyes

iMick

I backed my boat over not one but nearly all the rods and reels I own, a Pflueger supreme survived the carnage, but my Saragosa 8000 is gone. My 1-3 and 2-4kg rods a done for, but my Twin Power reels are all fine.

Great way to start the new year.

Mick

post-10586-060226800 1325396109_thumb.jpg

OOUUCCHH!!!!!!! :1yikes:

Last time I saw anything that bad was the "we got a bleeder" scene from "There's something about Mary"!

Feel for you buddy, at least the twinpowers are still ok, they would be harder than the rods to replace!

Cheer up, save up and upgrade/// GLoomis rods maybe???

Cheers

Chris

I backed my boat over not one but nearly all the rods and reels I own, a Pflueger supreme survived the carnage, but my Saragosa 8000 is gone. My 1-3 and 2-4kg rods a done for, but my Twin Power reels are all fine.

Great way to start the new year.

Mick

post-10586-060226800 1325396109_thumb.jpg

What were the rods all doing laying on the ground anyway?

Years ago I broke a $500 custom built one piece rod in my car and im STILL dirty about it! I can only imagine how your feeling!

Hope your luck improves this new year anyway bud

Musty

OOUUCCHH!!!!!!! :1yikes:

Last time I saw anything that bad was the "we got a bleeder" scene from "There's something about Mary"!

Feel for you buddy, at least the twinpowers are still ok, they would be harder than the rods to replace!

Cheer up, save up and upgrade/// GLoomis rods maybe???

Cheers

Chris

I think I'll watch Something about Mary to cheer me up.

What were the rods all doing laying on the ground anyway?

Years ago I broke a $500 custom built one piece rod in my car and im STILL dirty about it! I can only imagine how your feeling!

Hope your luck improves this new year anyway bud

Musty

Mrs put them there while I was cleaning the boat, but it's not her fault.

My condolences....

Theres not much to say.....

I could not have hit them anymore square.

Very sad pic. Sorry to hear the news.

Slinky :(

It was a very sad day... it burnt deep.

When's the funeral?

That's just so so sad.

There will be a small memorial service held under the Spit bridge this Saturday to pay tribute to my fallen friends :) they will be missed.

Mick

never a good feeling when you hear the sound of a breaking rod

time to see if you can claim them on the house and contents

insurance cover

Chris

I just rang GIO then, and I do have 'accidental damages' on my policy. I should get a call in a week, to arrange new gear hopefully.

Good tip, thanks, go the Chooks 2012.

Mick

Oh Dear! that made me feel sick just looking at the pic!!

Hope you get enough out of the insurance to replace most of them!

Your poor wife - no doubt she just thought she was helping???

Roberta

Good to see some reels weren't stuffed as well!

After dropped my brand new gear into the sea, broke a fancy shimano jigging rod fighting with a big fish, and couple of other good rods accidentally, now I am fishing with cheap ones from ******. Anything could happen about fishing, good or bad.

Hope this make you feel better and good luck for the new year!

I feel for you, hopefully insurance comes through for you....on a side note I like the way you stopped for a pic before checking what was broken and what would have survived!!

Thanks mate, insurance should come through soon. I had to take a pic, nobody would have believed that anyone could do something so stupid.

Mick

Thanks mate, insurance should come through soon. I had to take a pic, nobody would have believed that anyone could do something so stupid.

Mick

Mick such a tragedy.... are you heading north, if so what with hand lines? hehe

Brendon

Mick such a tragedy.... are you heading north, if so what with hand lines? hehe

Brendon

:Funny-Post: I'll be rIght once GIO come through mate. I nearly pulled out my 10 year old USA made Penn Spinfisher 8500, poor thing needs a new drag but it will handle most the harbour will throw at it... Beats a hand line.

mate don't take this the wrong way, but i feel like passing a hat around so we can chip in and get you a few new rods. I've got a cheap 2 piece 2-4kg Shimano sonic rod that i'm not using at the moment and work in the city. If you're struggling for a buck and need a rod until you can get the cash together together to get some better gear, let me know, and you can borrow it. I'd give it to you but i need if for when i take the :wife: fishing with me.

I feel so bad for you mate.

PM me if you need that loan that rod.

Ouch. That hurts mate. I like how you didn't blame your missus even though she put them there, you're a strong man and respect for that. Hope some good karma comes your way, you get some new gear and catch some awesome fish.

Thanks for the kind words. My Mrs was doing me the favour moving them into the shed, so I can't blame her. I too hope some good karma comes my way, I spent that afternoon fixing my dads broken down greyhound walker machine... and then that happened, negative karma for me.

mate don't take this the wrong way, but i feel like passing a hat around so we can chip in and get you a few new rods. I've got a cheap 2 piece 2-4kg Shimano sonic rod that i'm not using at the moment and work in the city. If you're struggling for a buck and need a rod until you can get the cash together together to get some better gear, let me know, and you can borrow it. I'd give it to you but i need if for when i take the :wife: fishing with me.

I feel so bad for you mate.

PM me if you need that loan that rod.

You're very kind, but I'll be right mate, the insurance should come through soon. I've got some very serious business 'make or break' stuff on right now, and this incident has stopped me fishing, therefore allowing me to concentrate on it, everything happens for a reason.

Mick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...